Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] UDP standard def

  • ehydra
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2011
      Hello Wolf -

      Thanks for responding!

      Well, my <older> job was btw. to solder FPGAs by hand for repair. Can be
      done will a little experience. Or let it done by others.

      My question is simply, if you're willing to add software support for
      this UDP frames?

      As of the bandwidth: This board uses a FPGA decimator to reduce
      bandwidth. As you know: Dividing bandwidth by two adds just one bit to
      the data width.

      What do you think about it?
      A board soldering for you for the software addition?

      - Henry

      --
      ehydra.dyndns.info
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2011
        Hello Henry,

        Thanks for the offer, but I don't need yet another SDR... even if that project may be interesting.
        I could add support for this special UDP frame, but, to be honest, I don't want to, because if I started doing that, I wouldn't do much else in my rare sparetime besides adding support for other radios.
        I have done this for SDR-IQ, Perseus, and that's enough.
        What I can do is provide a simple skeleton for a "driver DLL" written in C, which receives the UDP frames, converts the data into a structure suitable for Spectrum Lab.

        Sorry, there's not much more I can do, because I know how time-consuming it *can* be to add support for some exotic hardware... especially when it's at an early development step.

        Bye,
          Wolf .

        --
        ehydra.dyndns.info

      • ehydra
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20, 2011
          Hello Wolf -

          Yes, I understand.

          Let us freeze this discussion at the moment.

          Writing PC software is not what I want. When, then I write software for
          embedded devices on a small scale.

          BTW:
          Did you built this low-input impedance antenna amplifier by Northolt? I
          thought about the circuit but to me it is not clear where the benefit
          pops up.
          Another problem is loop-stability. Not every interesting concept will
          work in reality.

          cheers -
          Henry

          --