RE: [SpectrumLabUsers] Re: Capture in SpectrumLab

  • Peter Mulhare
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2013

      Sven

      The auto numbering of files is what I use in my Grabber operation.  Over the past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally 10’s of thousands of captured images, and I have never had a file overwrite another, unless it had the same name exactly!

      Pete

      ZL2iK

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31, 2013
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013
          Hi Alan,

          SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating 'normally'.
          The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
          Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar), it won't.
          You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before starting.

          Am 01.08.2013 08:28, schrieb Alan:

          I went to date stamping a long time ago.
          Of course files will not be overwritten if the name is different.
          But several times I had files overwritten.
          Because I stupidly reset the counter.
          And because of a crash or power outage. SpecLab would then start numbering from the time it was last shut down properly. Files made
          since this shutdown would then be overwritten.

          Maybe SpecLab is different now?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

          > The auto numbering of files is what I
          > use in my Grabber operation. Over the
          > past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally
          > 10's of thousands of captured images,
          > and I have never had a file overwrite
          > another, unless it had the same name
          > exactly!

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013
            > SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating
            > 'normally'.
            > The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
            > Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar),
            > it won't.
            > You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before
            > starting.

            Wolf,

            Thanks.
            That is what I thought happened.
            My computer is set to restart automatically, with SpecLab shortcuts in the Startup folder.
            Pulses from the hard drive reset a timer. A freeze or crash no pulses, relay restarts computer. The computer is also set to start
            when power is restored after a cut.
            The automatic numbering fails.

            That is why filename timestamps are useful, and might save others the necessity for any editing.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ