Re: Capture in SpectrumLab

  • sm5le
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31 4:40 AM
      Thanks to: Pete Edgar Alan

      Now it works ! I have used the "Screen Capture" and "Filename" verion.
      The captures now have numbers. I will test this and hope for bo overwriting.
      You all are very helpful with info for an old analouge man :-)

      /Sven

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "sm5le" <sm5le@...> wrote:

      > Hi Group
      >
      > I do screen capture during night time, in "Periodic Action" and that works OK. But all jpg:s are in the folder "Spectrum". How schall I do to have the captures in a separate Folder called "Loop" , that folder I have in the "Spectrum" folder.
      > Thank You
      > Sven

    • Peter Mulhare
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31 2:17 PM

        Sven

        The auto numbering of files is what I use in my Grabber operation.  Over the past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally 10’s of thousands of captured images, and I have never had a file overwrite another, unless it had the same name exactly!

        Pete

        ZL2iK

        Now it works ! I have used the "Screen Capture" and "Filename" verion.
        The captures now have numbers. I will test this and hope for bo overwriting.
        You all are very helpful with info for an old analouge man :-)

        /Sven

        --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "sm5le" <sm5le@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group
        >
        > I do screen capture during night time, in "Periodic Action" and that works OK. But all jpg:s are in the folder "Spectrum". How schall I do to have the captures in a separate Folder called "Loop" , that folder I have in the "Spectrum" folder.
        > Thank You
        > Sven

      • Alan
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 31 11:28 PM
          Subject: RE: [SpectrumLabUsers] Re: Capture in SpectrumLab

          Pete,
          I went to date stamping a long time ago.
          Of course files will not be overwritten if the name is different.
          But several times I had files overwritten.
          Because I stupidly reset the counter.
          And because of a crash or power outage. SpecLab would then start numbering from the time it was last shut down properly. Files made
          since this shutdown would then be overwritten.

          Maybe SpecLab is different now?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013
            Hi Alan,

            SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating 'normally'.
            The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
            Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar), it won't.
            You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before starting.

            Am 01.08.2013 08:28, schrieb Alan:

            I went to date stamping a long time ago.
            Of course files will not be overwritten if the name is different.
            But several times I had files overwritten.
            Because I stupidly reset the counter.
            And because of a crash or power outage. SpecLab would then start numbering from the time it was last shut down properly. Files made
            since this shutdown would then be overwritten.

            Maybe SpecLab is different now?

            73 Alan G4ZFQ

            > The auto numbering of files is what I
            > use in my Grabber operation. Over the
            > past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally
            > 10's of thousands of captured images,
            > and I have never had a file overwrite
            > another, unless it had the same name
            > exactly!

          • Alan
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013

              > SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating
              > 'normally'.
              > The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
              > Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar),
              > it won't.
              > You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before
              > starting.

              Wolf,

              Thanks.
              That is what I thought happened.
              My computer is set to restart automatically, with SpecLab shortcuts in the Startup folder.
              Pulses from the hard drive reset a timer. A freeze or crash no pulses, relay restarts computer. The computer is also set to start
              when power is restored after a cut.
              The automatic numbering fails.

              That is why filename timestamps are useful, and might save others the necessity for any editing.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ