Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Capture in SpectrumLab

  • edgar
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 30 6:10 AM
      Hi Sven,

      If you use the capture command put the file path into the "Filename:" text box.

      The example here is d:\DK7FC\DK7FC WR ver spectrum -

      Or use

      capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg")

      in the "Periodic Actions" box.

      Regards, Edgar
      Moonah, Tasmania.

    • Peter Mulhare
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 30 3:33 PM

        Hi Sven

        Here is how I do it..... in <Options><Screen Capture Options>, my filename is “Argo” and it is in the directory D:\Spectrum\30M\Kapture  you will see it below in the Filename field which includes the route to the file and the filename itself.

        Pete Mulhare

        ZL2iK

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 31 12:52 AM
          Edgar
          I did use this: capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg") during the night. It was suposed to be 5 number of jpg:s but when I looked in to my folder "loop" i was only 1 (one). All captures had the same name so they was overwritten. I need a counting number or something.

          Thank you
          Sven

          --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, edgar <edgarjtwining@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sven,
          >
          > If you use the capture command put the file path into the "Filename:"
          > text box.
          >
          > The example here is d:\DK7FC\DK7FC WR ver spectrum -
          >

          > Or use
          >
          > capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg")
          >
          > in the "Periodic Actions" box.
          >
          > Regards, Edgar
          > Moonah, Tasmania.

        • sm5le
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 31 1:12 AM
            I can se only a blank box, there is no picture in your posting. How can I see the picture you did send ? tnx /Sven

            --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, edgar <edgarjtwining@...> wrote:

            > Hi Sven,
            >
            > If you use the capture command put the file path into the "Filename:"
            > text box.
            >
            > The example here is d:\DK7FC\DK7FC WR ver spectrum -
            >

            > Or use
            >
            > capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg")
            >
            > in the "Periodic Actions" box.
            >
            > Regards, Edgar
            > Moonah, Tasmania.

          • Peter Mulhare
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 31 2:05 AM

              Sven

              The filename you used: - did it change each time you uploaded it?  That is changed in the Options<>screen capture> filename box.  Each file you upload will have the same name!  So it will overwrite the previous file.  The filename needs to change each time you upload it and the filename in the Screen capture Options needs to reflect that each time.  You only need the filename in the Screen capture options, do not add the file extension as this comes from elsewhere in the options.

              If you are saving them locally (not uploading them) then you can add an index number to each file from the Screen Capture Options which will make each file unique.  This feature can be turned off, see the Help files for information on this.

              Please read online, SpecLab Help, and select the link to.. Screen Capture Options” this may be very helpful for you to do so.

              Pete

              Zl2iK

              I did use this: capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg") during the night. It was suposed to be 5 number of jpg:s but when I looked in to my folder "loop" i was only 1 (one). All captures had the same name so they was overwritten. I need a counting number or something.

              Thank you
              Sven

              --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, edgar <edgarjtwining@...> wrote:

              > Hi Sven,
              >
              > If you use the capture command put the file path into the "Filename:"
              > text box.
              >
              > The example here is d:\DK7FC\DK7FC WR ver spectrum -
              >

              > Or use
              >
              > capture("C:\Spectrum\loop\filename.jpg")
              >
              > in the "Periodic Actions" box.
              >
              > Regards, Edgar
              > Moonah, Tasmania.

            • edgar
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 31 2:11 AM
                Hi Sven,

                Then I think you should follow the method suggested by Peter.

                Select from the "File" menu "Screen Capture" then "Screen Capture Options".

                Then select the "Screen Capture" tab in the "Screen Capture, Periodic
                and Scheduled Actions" window.

                In the "Filename:" field enter the path name as well as the filename
                that you wish to use.

                e.g. C:\Spectrum\loop\filename

                Then select the image type as jpg in the "File Format" box.

                Test the result by using the "Capture now" button and look in the
                folder, "C:\Spectrum\loop\", for the image.

                Set-up when you want the captures taken in the Periodic Actions tab.

                Set the time interval, and just have capture in the "Action(s) Macro" box.

                Don't forget to check active to apply the changes.

                Regards, Edgar
                Moonah, Tasmania.
              • Alan
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 31 3:31 AM

                  Sven,

                  Overwriting is possible even when numbered as suggested.
                  I had this problem after a time, lots of files and I think a crash set the counter back a few days..
                  I use a timestamp like capture("D:\SpecLab2\4450\4450m-"+str("DD-MM-YY-hhmm",now)+".jpg")

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • sm5le
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 31 4:40 AM
                    Thanks to: Pete Edgar Alan

                    Now it works ! I have used the "Screen Capture" and "Filename" verion.
                    The captures now have numbers. I will test this and hope for bo overwriting.
                    You all are very helpful with info for an old analouge man :-)

                    /Sven

                    --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "sm5le" <sm5le@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Group
                    >
                    > I do screen capture during night time, in "Periodic Action" and that works OK. But all jpg:s are in the folder "Spectrum". How schall I do to have the captures in a separate Folder called "Loop" , that folder I have in the "Spectrum" folder.
                    > Thank You
                    > Sven

                  • Peter Mulhare
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 31 2:17 PM

                      Sven

                      The auto numbering of files is what I use in my Grabber operation.  Over the past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally 10’s of thousands of captured images, and I have never had a file overwrite another, unless it had the same name exactly!

                      Pete

                      ZL2iK

                      Now it works ! I have used the "Screen Capture" and "Filename" verion.
                      The captures now have numbers. I will test this and hope for bo overwriting.
                      You all are very helpful with info for an old analouge man :-)

                      /Sven

                      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "sm5le" <sm5le@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Group
                      >
                      > I do screen capture during night time, in "Periodic Action" and that works OK. But all jpg:s are in the folder "Spectrum". How schall I do to have the captures in a separate Folder called "Loop" , that folder I have in the "Spectrum" folder.
                      > Thank You
                      > Sven

                    • Alan
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 31 11:28 PM
                        Subject: RE: [SpectrumLabUsers] Re: Capture in SpectrumLab

                        Pete,
                        I went to date stamping a long time ago.
                        Of course files will not be overwritten if the name is different.
                        But several times I had files overwritten.
                        Because I stupidly reset the counter.
                        And because of a crash or power outage. SpecLab would then start numbering from the time it was last shut down properly. Files made
                        since this shutdown would then be overwritten.

                        Maybe SpecLab is different now?

                        73 Alan G4ZFQ

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013
                          Hi Alan,

                          SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating 'normally'.
                          The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
                          Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar), it won't.
                          You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before starting.

                          Am 01.08.2013 08:28, schrieb Alan:

                          I went to date stamping a long time ago.
                          Of course files will not be overwritten if the name is different.
                          But several times I had files overwritten.
                          Because I stupidly reset the counter.
                          And because of a crash or power outage. SpecLab would then start numbering from the time it was last shut down properly. Files made
                          since this shutdown would then be overwritten.

                          Maybe SpecLab is different now?

                          73 Alan G4ZFQ

                          > The auto numbering of files is what I
                          > use in my Grabber operation. Over the
                          > past 3 to 4 years I have saved literally
                          > 10's of thousands of captured images,
                          > and I have never had a file overwrite
                          > another, unless it had the same name
                          > exactly!

                        • Alan
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 1, 2013

                            > SL will try to save the file sequence number in a file when terminating
                            > 'normally'.
                            > The parameter name is "SequenceNr" (in the *.ini file).
                            > Of course, when terminating abnormally (i.e. system crash or similar),
                            > it won't.
                            > You can edit the SETTINGS.INI manually if you need to change it before
                            > starting.

                            Wolf,

                            Thanks.
                            That is what I thought happened.
                            My computer is set to restart automatically, with SpecLab shortcuts in the Startup folder.
                            Pulses from the hard drive reset a timer. A freeze or crash no pulses, relay restarts computer. The computer is also set to start
                            when power is restored after a cut.
                            The automatic numbering fails.

                            That is why filename timestamps are useful, and might save others the necessity for any editing.

                            73 Alan G4ZFQ