Re: [SpectrumLab] SpecLab software stops

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2011
      Hi Tom,

      The overload-detection is just a safety measure, because if a
      high-priority worker thread (such as the audio-processing thread)
      occupied a single-core CPU, it could render the whole PC inoperable
      under previous windows versions.
      For the next version, I will add an option in the config dialog to
      disable this overload-detection. Of course it's possible to run multiple
      instances of SL on one PC, but SL itself has no control about which core
      runs which instance. So despite a multi core CPU, the worker threads may
      stomp on each other, and if the main loop (in the audio worker thread)
      finds a too slow running loop for a couple of times, it simply stops
      processing, just for safety.