USRP Support

  • Mark McCarron
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 9:48 PM
      Wolf,

      Could you look into to supporting this device either through the ExtIO or the UHD driver?  UHD may be the preferred way to go, as this is the official driver from Ettus Research and is much more powerful than ExtIO.

      The APi can be found here:

      http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/

      Another way is to consume an IQ stream from an IP address.  This would be really useful for networked scenarios.

      Regards,

      Mark McCarron
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16 9:54 AM
        Hi Mark,

        No time yet to check the ExtIO issues yet ... maybe later, but at the moment I am quite busy from other (neither radio nor software related) activities.
        A simple-to-implement protocol for I/Q streams is also on my own wish list, since I am planning a remote receiver based on a Raspberry PI, as data acquisition unit with LAN or maybe wireless LAN interface.

        The Ettus API looks nice, but I will not add hard-coded support for yet another API in my software. It is already far too crowded.