Re: applying ( Spectrum Lab web server Fftlog1.txt data processing php JS

  • dariusjack2006
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2013
      Thanks Mike,

      I run SL under XP Windows, no Perl installed.
      SL exactly comes with built in http server.

      Ok, I can install Perl for Windows.
      http://www.perl.org/get.html

      Windows does not have Perl installed by default.

      "
      Binaries

      Download ActivePerl
      ActiveState Perlexternal link has binary distributions of Perl for Win32 (and Perl for Win64).

      Download Strawberry Perl
      Strawberry Perlexternal link: A 100% Open Source Perl for Windows that is exactly the same as Perl everywhere else; this includes using modules from CPAN, without the need for binary packages. Help is available from other Windows Perl developers on the #win32 irc channel on irc.perl.org (see websiteexternal link for access through a browser).

      Download DWIM Perl
      DWIM Perl for Windowsexternal link: A 100% Open Source Perl for Windows, based on Strawberry Perl. It aims to include as many useful CPAN modules as possible. It even comes with Padre, the Perl IDEexternal link.
      "
      To have perl run server-side , http server should be configured.
      What is a configuration file and how to configure it to read and run perl script ?

      Could you attach your configuration tips and working web page, run on the same computer?
      My web browser is Firefox 20.0.

      darius

      SL supports web audio streams in/out
      http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/webstreams.htm

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "vbifyz" <3ym3ym@...> wrote:

      > No, my Perl script runs standalone and issues HTTP GET commands directly to SL (which acts as an HTTP server, again without any other software involved). No browser is involved at all. The goal was to avoid any unnecessary overhead.
      > I don't know of a way to make Perl code to run inside a browser, if this is what you are asking.
      >
      > 73, Mike
      >
      > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "dariusjack2006" <dariusjack2006@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mike,
      > >
      > > do you mean running perl script in the browser and no need for cgi, Apache web server or Firefox perl plugin?
      > >
      > > I run Firefox 20.0 + WindowsXP
      > > what is your suggested configuration
      > >
      > > Can you put your perl code into html page to work client side, accessing SL built-in web server?
      > >
      > > darius

    • dariusjack2006
      Message 2 of 15 , May 16, 2013
        Hi Mark,
        Hi Wolf,

        Is this thread closed, no chance to build on-line network of Spectrum lab based stations ?

        darius

        Message 3 of 15 , May 16, 2013
          Reading FFT data via web browser is still in the pipe.
          But there are too many other things to do at the moment, with a higher priority.
          Cannot comment on Perl since I have absolutely no experience with it.