Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Beginner Quick Start

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
      Subject: [SpectrumLabUsers] Beginner Quick Start

      >I have been looking in the manual and in these messages for some sort of "quick start guide". I have not found it.
      > I installed Spectrum Lab.
      > It starts fine whenever i double click the desktop icon.
      > However, I have no idea where the audio is comming from whose waveform I see in the top of the display.
      > I understand that Spectrum Lab uses the output of the sound card.
      > I play a song and can hear it in the speakers, but I do not see any change in the display on the screen.
      > Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to find any written guidance.

      Mike,

      I do not know a quick start. There would have to be many instances, depending on what you want to do.
      But "Help" has most things.
      Look at the Menus, Options - Audio is where you select the input. The soundcard mixer may also need setting.

      Alan
    • emrldsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
        Thanks Alan,
        I was trying to keep it simple to start with.
        Just play a song through the sound card and see the results in SpectrumLab.

        Peace,
        Mike G.