Beginner Quick Start

  • emrldsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      I have been looking in the manual and in these messages for some sort of "quick start guide". I have not found it.
      I installed Spectrum Lab.
      It starts fine whenever i double click the desktop icon.
      However, I have no idea where the audio is comming from whose waveform I see in the top of the display.
      I understand that Spectrum Lab uses the output of the sound card.
      I play a song and can hear it in the speakers, but I do not see any change in the display on the screen.
      Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to find any written guidance.
      Can someone please point me in the right direction?

      Thanks,
      Mike G.
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
        >I have been looking in the manual and in these messages for some sort of "quick start guide". I have not found it.
        > I installed Spectrum Lab.
        > It starts fine whenever i double click the desktop icon.
        > However, I have no idea where the audio is comming from whose waveform I see in the top of the display.
        > I understand that Spectrum Lab uses the output of the sound card.
        > I play a song and can hear it in the speakers, but I do not see any change in the display on the screen.
        > Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to find any written guidance.

        Mike,

        I do not know a quick start. There would have to be many instances, depending on what you want to do.
        But "Help" has most things.
        Look at the Menus, Options - Audio is where you select the input. The soundcard mixer may also need setting.

        Alan
      • emrldsky
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
          Thanks Alan,
          I was trying to keep it simple to start with.
          Just play a song through the sound card and see the results in SpectrumLab.

          Peace,
          Mike G.