Re: 2.78 B26 scroll dropouts

  • jfahrenh
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 10, 2013
      Hi again Tony, Wolf-

      I think I may have a handle on it. Using Tony's .INI files on my PC and making one change- the 'audio chunk size' from Tony's 200 ms to something smaller- seemed to eliminate the dropouts. I used 100 ms and 50 ms and both seemed to work OK. On the other hand, a 300 ms setting made the dropout problem *much* worse. 'Audio chunk size' is under Options> System Settings> Miscellaneous. I'm not sure how this variable affects waterfall dropouts, so perhaps Wolf can comment.

      -Joe F.

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "mux_folder2001" wrote:

      > Interesting. Thanks for doing that Joe. When I did it on the laptop at work, I didn't use the INI from home. I just installed SL and set it up from memory to be something like this. Now that I have posted my INI, I can grab it at work and run the real thing to be sure.
      >
      > Tony
      > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "jfahrenh" wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Tony-
      > >
      > > I substituted your .INI files for mine this morning and ran my SoftRock receiver.
      > >
      > > My observations:
      > >
      > > -There are dropouts just like yours, 11 to 12 seconds apart. Dropout duration varies in length from ~200 ms to ~500 ms.
      > > -I can create ~300 ms dropouts at any time by left clicking and holding on the window's title bar. These intentionally-created dropouts do not seem to affect the above 11 to 12 second pattern.
      > >
      > > This seems to indicate that the issue is somewhat hardware independent- but then again you tried your setup on a laptop and it did not occur.
      > >
      > > It's supposed to be a somewhat rainy day here, so I'll futz around a bit today changing your settings to look more like mine and see what happens.
      > >
      > > -Joe F.
      > >
      > > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "mux_folder2001" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have placed the settings files in the TonyC folder in the Files area. I have played with so many settings tryng to figure this out that I hope I have everything back where it belongs. I believe that I do.
      > > >
      > > > I notice that the scrolling is sometimes uneven, but 2.75 is also (even more so).
      > > >
      > > > The CPU load I posted earlier in the thread was from Spectrumlab, not from Windows. Right now it is 55%.
      > > >
      > > > Tony

    • mux_folder2001
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 10, 2013

        B27 with a chunk size of 100ms seems to work better for me than this new version.

        With the new one, if I switch on recording, the dropouts come back. Also, with recording on or off I get occasional clicking in the speaker. B27 with 100ms chunks seems to work well.

        Tony