Re: 2.78 B26 scroll dropouts

  • jfahrenh
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hi Tony-

      This morning I downloaded the latest SpecLab (V2.78 b27) and tried it here with my SoftRock RX II with its ExtIO .dll file. This was the first time I tried direct SoftRock control from SpecLab and it seems to work fine (thanks Wolf!!!).

      The setup here is:

      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
      Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
      Graphics Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
      Gaming graphics 358 MB Total available graphics memory
      Primary hard disk 76GB Free (149GB Total)
      Windows Vista Ultimate

      System

      Manufacturer Dell Inc.
      Model OptiPlex 745
      Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
      System type 32-bit operating system
      Number of processor cores 2
      64-bit capable Yes

      Storage

      Total size of hard disk(s) 1546 GB
      Disk partition (C:) 76 GB Free (149 GB Total)
      Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
      Disk partition (E:) 1215 GB Free (1397 GB Total)

      Graphics

      Display adapter type Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family
      Total available graphics memory 358 MB
      Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
      Dedicated system memory 64 MB
      Shared system memory 294 MB
      Display adapter driver version 7.14.10.1147
      Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
      DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

      In other words my PC isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, either. Processor speed is a tad faster than yours, but I'm using the onboard (motherboard) graphics- no graphics card. I have an Asus Xonar D1 (PCIe) soundcard. I'm not experiencing waterfall dropouts. I could try to duplicate the problem here using your .usr and .ini files if you think it might be helpful.

      -Joe F. KC8RKL

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "mux_folder2001" wrote:

      > Referring to file in folder "TonyC" called dropout.jpg:
      >
      > I have uploaded a side by side of 2.78 and 2.75 listening to the same NDB. 2.78 shows a dropout at about the 44 Second tick mark while 2.75 does not. You can also see the timestamps pushed together. The beacon is TAD which isn't displaying too well because of the contrast being set too high.
      >
      > Tony

    • mux_folder2001
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 10, 2013

        B27 with a chunk size of 100ms seems to work better for me than this new version.

        With the new one, if I switch on recording, the dropouts come back. Also, with recording on or off I get occasional clicking in the speaker. B27 with 100ms chunks seems to work well.

        Tony