2.78 B26 scroll dropouts

  • mux_folder2001
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2013
      I use SL to copy NDB CW IDs visually. I have been using one of the 2.75 versions and I just switched to the latest. Many things to like. I use the EXTIO_SI570 dll to control my softrock LF RX and it works fine. The thing I notice is that, while the screen scroll is noticably smoother than it was in 2.75, there are frequent dropouts. So frequent that many of the CW IDs are visually corrupt. I am running on Vista using a dual core Intel T2310 CPU with 4 GB of ram running at 1.46Ghz. Not a fast machine to be sure but it worked well with 2.75, even if the scroll was somewhat more jumpy. Using the SL performance monitor, the overall CPU load is running 45% with 26% for the display updates. I have tried shutting off DSP filters and such and nothing seems to matter. I have Vista configured for best performance with all of the visual goodies switched off.

      I'd appreciate any suggestions how I might improve this. It is bad enough that I am considering going back to 2.75.

      Thanks,

      Tony
    • mux_folder2001
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 10, 2013

        B27 with a chunk size of 100ms seems to work better for me than this new version.

        With the new one, if I switch on recording, the dropouts come back. Also, with recording on or off I get occasional clicking in the speaker. B27 with 100ms chunks seems to work well.

        Tony