Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Audio file analysis

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
      Ok , V2.78 build 25 uploaded to the website.

      Wave files with the unknown format tag (#3) will not work since I don't have a sample file here, but the raw files with 32-bit floating point should work.

      Am 07.01.2013 21:31, schrieb edgar:

      Hi Wolf,
      Thank you for your prompt review of the file loading problem.

      I look forward to the modified version when you have a chance to publish it.

      I only plan to use the 32 bit raw data file format, but tested the wave
      file format to see if it had the same result.

      Thank you.

      Regards Edgar
      Moonah, Tasmania.

    • edgar
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
                  On the web site the version is still note as "V2.78 b23, compiled 2012-12-08".

        Regards, Edgar
        Moonah, Tasmania.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Hi Edgar,

          Ignore the text; I uploaded the file (*.zip) before modifying the text. When visiting the page from here, I had to reload the html file manually because it was cached somewhere.

          Direct link (unchanged, the filename always remains the same):

          http://dl4yhf.ssl7.com/speclab/install_speclab.zip

          Hi Wolf,

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
            Thank you. It works fine now loading 32 bit single raw data
            file.

            If you need a 32 bit or 64 bit floating point .wav sound file to test, I
            can generate one for you using SOX (Sound Exchange) software.

            Regards, Edgar
            Moonah, Tasmania.
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 9, 2013
              Hi Edgar,

              Thanks for testing.
              About wave files with floating point samples - these seem to be rather exotic, and I think 24-bit integers are sufficient for most if not all applications. So this is not high on my own priority list - compared with some other features which I wanted to implement since a couple of months. But if you have, you could upload a sample file to the group (and delete old raw file if not already done.. I don't know yahoo's limit).

              Hi Wolf,

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 9, 2013
                File deleted.

                I am using the 32 bit floating point raw data files because I had
                continued to overflow the 16 bit integers as a result of

                calculations from another program.

                It seemed easier to just use the 32 bit number format in Spectrum Lab.

                Although the SOX manual says it will produce 64 bit floating-point
                files, when I tried it did not work.

                Anyway, thanks to you, I am now flying along with the 32 bit single raw
                format.

                Regards, Edgar
                Moonah, Tasmania.