Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Re: Sending of audio via UDP /TCP Traffic analyze

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2013
      Difficult to say what goes wrong. I use the TCP-based streaming client ("sender") in SL since a couple of years, non-stop, without problems (the Ogg/Vorbis stream, via raw TCP). The TCP-based receiver (also a client) also works with various internet streams. In contrast to the old, UDP- or TCP-based *non compressed* streams (which are hardly used anymore) have not been tested for a long time.

      I have very little time to spend for programming during my spare time, so there's not much I can do about this at the moment. Suggestion: Use the Ogg/Vorbis based streams rather than the non-compressed audio.

      Am 02.01.2013 19:54, schrieb vyskovak:

      Hello Wolf,
      I have something.
      UDP
      Sender PC:in Comms window sent:number is inceasing; received and lost = 0
      Receiver PC Network Analyze: no traffic from SL (almost no traffic at all)

      TCP
      Sender PC:in Comms window sent:number is NOT inreasing; received and lost = 0
      Receiver PC Network Analyze: no traffic from SL (almost no traffic at all)

      Act as server - some traffic

      It looks that SR does not send the data.
      There is still the error about empty output buffer.

      I would not bother, but we need to get the data to our public on Vyskov observatory.
      Thank you for help
      Vyskovak

      > Hello Vyskovak,
      >
      > Thanks for the info. I haven't used the audio-via-UDP function since a
      > long time. I only use compressed audio via TCP now.
      > Indeed there is nothing more to set besides the IP and port numbers.
      >
      > Can you check with a tool like Wireshark if the UDP frames really go out
      > to the Ethernet card, and arrive at the other end ?
      >
      > Happy new year and best regards,
      > Wolf .
      >

      > Am 31.12.2012 23:05, schrieb vyskovak:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > > The sending of audio is set via UDP, destination IP OK, port 1024
      > > Reciver is set via UDP, source IP OK, port 1024
      > > Does not work - has to be set something more? Both PCS are on the same
      > > network.
      > > Thank you and have a nice Silvester :-) Regards, Vyskovak

    • vyskovak
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
        Thank you Wolf,
        Vyskovak