Sending of audio via UDP

  • vyskovak
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2012
      Hello,
      The sending of audio is set via UDP, destination IP OK, port 1024
      Reciver is set via UDP, source IP OK, port 1024
      Does not work - has to be set something more? Both PCS are on the same network.
      Thank you and have a nice Silvester :-) Regards, Vyskovak
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hello Vyskovak,

        Thanks for the info. I haven't used the audio-via-UDP function since a long time. I only use compressed audio via TCP now.
        Indeed there is nothing more to set besides the IP and port numbers.

        Can you check with a tool like Wireshark if the UDP frames really go out to the Ethernet card, and arrive at the other end ?

        Happy new year and best regards,
           Wolf .

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hello Wolf,

          Thank you for reply.
          Using TCP does not work either. Both PCs can see each other, Remote desctop does work (now is turned OFF) - the net is OK.
          On sender side is error:
          16:42:58 Low space in wave/stream output buffer (0 samples)

          On receiver PC running Microsoft Network Monitor I can see traffic between this two PCs.
          Tcp: Flags=...A...F, SrcPort=58951, DstPort=2869, PayloadLen=0, Seq=3711655039, Ack=804834821, Win=16425 (scale factor 0x2) = 65700

          Thank you ahead
          Vyskovak

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2013
            Hello Wolf,
            I have something.
            UDP
            Sender PC:in Comms window sent:number is inceasing; received and lost = 0
            Receiver PC Network Analyze: no traffic from SL (almost no traffic at all)

            TCP
            Sender PC:in Comms window sent:number is NOT inreasing; received and lost = 0
            Receiver PC Network Analyze: no traffic from SL (almost no traffic at all)

            Act as server - some traffic

            It looks that SR does not send the data.
            There is still the error about empty output buffer.

            I would not bother, but we need to get the data to our public on Vyskov observatory.
            Thank you for help
            Vyskovak

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2013
              Difficult to say what goes wrong. I use the TCP-based streaming client ("sender") in SL since a couple of years, non-stop, without problems (the Ogg/Vorbis stream, via raw TCP). The TCP-based receiver (also a client) also works with various internet streams. In contrast to the old, UDP- or TCP-based *non compressed* streams (which are hardly used anymore) have not been tested for a long time.

              I have very little time to spend for programming during my spare time, so there's not much I can do about this at the moment. Suggestion: Use the Ogg/Vorbis based streams rather than the non-compressed audio.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
                Thank you Wolf,
                Vyskovak