Looking for examples of CW ID

  • kd7ts
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      I have written a conditional actions file to control T/R of a SSB
      transceiver and send audio from the test generator to the microphone
      input. This part was pretty easy, but now I need to add an identifier.

      I can stop the generator output to do something else, but what ? I
      considered generating CW directly in the conditional actions file. I don't
      think that is going to work the way I want. symbols are based on 100 ms
      "dots" and 300 ms "dashs".

      I see that there is way to play wave files. How this is accomplished is
      not clear. I can record a wave file from my CW side tone to use as the ID,
      but have no clue how to pipe this through the sound card.

      Can anyone point me to examples of this being accomplished ?

      Another thing that caught my attention is the digimode terminal which
      seems to include a CW function, but that does not seem very friendly as
      something I can grab from the conditional actions file.

      KD7TS Mike