new user/ volume control?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hello everyone, I'm a new user of this fine program and doing alot of VLF work with it. So much to program to learn about that its overwhelming. I see from some request being made out there that there is room for add-ons/improvements, etc. One thing I am still learning is how or where is the control for volume when you want to listen to the signal your interested in? I have tried different user flies, some have audio outputs, some don't. If it wouldn't be so hard, is there a way to add a volume control down in the left side area? On my screen, there is currently nothing down there. There are these buttons I guess you can assign stuff too, they are labeled Button # 6 up to Button # 8. But below that, could a volume control be added? Ya, I could just turn up and down the speaker control on the PC, but a slider or perhaps a nice round, variable knob there in increments say 1 thru 10 would be cool. Just my 2 cents worth, other than that, I love this program and will take a while to learn it all, but worth it. Oh, in the files section, I may have missed it, perhaps there isn't any there, but does anyone have any cool user files that would be of interest to me, and perhaps others? In the file section, it would be nice if some or all the users of this fine program would like to share their "USR files" with us out here. There are a nice batch of them that come in the program, but I am sure there are alot of others that have been made out there. I myself am interested in the VLF range of frequencies, 0k to 150khz... thanks in advance and keep up the NICE work on this program !! :) Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
        Hello Frank,

        At the moment, there is no means to have an output volume control slider on SL's main screen, because the space there is too limited. The output gain can be controlled in the 'circuit window' by connecting the slider (on the right side of that window) to one of the four 'output amplifiers' in the same window. This is the central place where a large number of parameters can be modified.
        The buttons in the main window are just, well.. buttons. They cannot be reprogrammed into sliders.
        You could reprogram some of them into different 'volume switches' (using interpreter commands to control the same 'amplifiers' as in the circuit window).

        Greetings,
          Wolf .

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
              Oh ok, on my window area, down on the right side below those buttons on my screen there is about a 2 inch area thats blank, thats why I asked about it. Ok, I will check into what you said about it. Just started the program and had to turn the speakers down because I didn't have time to pull up that other window, would have been nice to add a small volume know to that area, but you say there is no room.
              Wasn't really asking about programming the buttons to a slider, I was referencing the area below the buttons.

              Thanks, I'll look into it..