Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Suggestion for Feature - Pre-Defined Window Size(s)

  • edgar
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2012
      Hi Martin,
                   This is how I set the captured image size in Spectrum Lab for 2D screen captures.

      In the Periodic actions include.

      Or program a button.

      I hope this helps.

      Regards Edgar
      Moonah, Tasmania.

    • edgar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2012
        Hi,
        The images may not have appeared in my reply.

        Note this is for a horizontal waterfall.

        In Periodic actions, I use.

        window.width=window.width + 1440 - water.lines:window.height=280:capture

        The waterfall size is set before capturing.

        In a button

        window.width=window.width + 1440 - water.lines:window.height=280

        The 1440 is set for the waterfall width.

        The 280 is changed for the image height is as required.

        The scale and spectrum widths are set in the Spectrum Display settings.

        Regards Edgar
        Moonah, Tasmania.
      • Mart
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2012
          Thanks Edgar, that's given me plenty to work with - I'll report back my results in case they may be of interest to others.

          Cheers

          Martin

          --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, edgar <edgarjtwining@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > The images may not have appeared in my reply.
          >
          > Note this is for a horizontal waterfall.
          >
          > In Periodic actions, I use.
          >
          > window.width=window.width + 1440 - water.lines:window.height=280:capture
          >
          > The waterfall size is set before capturing.
          >
          > In a button
          >
          > window.width=window.width + 1440 - water.lines:window.height=280
          >
          > The 1440 is set for the waterfall width.
          >
          > The 280 is changed for the image height is as required.
          >
          > The scale and spectrum widths are set in the Spectrum Display settings.
          >
          > Regards Edgar
          > Moonah, Tasmania.

        • Mart
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
            Thanks again Edgar,

            Adding the line

            window.width=1024:window.height=768

            before the "capture" command in Periodic Actions has achieved exactly what I was looking for.

            With the screen set up for no "Controls on left side" and "Hide menu and title ..." selected, the screen grabs sent via FTP are indeed 1024x768 pixels.

            Brilliantly simple, and many thanks once again.

            Martin