598Re: Spectrum Lab on Windows 7

  • jfahrenh
    Feb 21, 2012
      Hello Joseph-

      I just happened across this post while trying to troubleshoot the same problem on a Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows Vista. In my case, simply plugging in headphones and a microphone made the problem disappear. Apparently, Windows Vista (and up??) can sense whether there is actually something plugged in to the input/output device- at least on my system anyway. I am using the onboard (motherboard) audio chipset. This reply probably comes too late to help you, but perhaps someone else 'Googling' about may benefit. Hope this helps.

      Joe F. KC8RKL

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Frippiat" <joseph_frippiat@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > when I run Spectrum Lab on Windows 7, I get this error message :-
      >
      > SpecLab error #7880
      > device ID out of range in SoundInOpen
      >
      > I tried to run it as administrator : same result.
      > My soundcard is a 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.
      >
      > I tried with V2.76 b8 and V2.76 b15.
      >
      > Thanks for any help,
      >
      > Joseph

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic