542Re: decoding BC station with SDR - changing the LO or filter

  • hm2612
    Feb 2, 2012
      btw, with slide control on the right side there is the possibility to change the frequency of the LO in 1 Hz steps using the mouse wheel. is there a way to change the step size ?
      for example 100 Hz. 10 Hz could be done with clicking the left mouse button ( for a right hand operator )

      73
      oe1smc

      --

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "hm2612" <hm2612@...> wrote:

      > dear graham
      >
      > many thanks for your reply.
      > i was thinking about a hardware solution too. once i built a frequency counter with an atmel atmega chip. there i could change the source code to show only the fourth part of the measured frequency. as external LO for the SDR i am using the FA-NWT01 ( funkamateur netzwerk tester ) this one has a very stable QRG.
      >
      > the disadvantage of such a hardware solution is the fact, that receiving at the LO isn't possible, as this is the 0 Hz point in the waterfall. therefore i have to use an offset. this could also be easy kept in mind but the configuration of the spectrum lab must reflect this too.
      >
      > but finally i want to receive VLF. the frequency steps are there much smaller. therefore i am looking for an easy solution with the software spectrum lab. to receive the BC stations in the LF band is just to play with it, to learn and to get strong signals.
      >
      > 73
      > hans
      > oe1smc
      >
      > --
      >

      > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, Graham Mcleod <g8pha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > One Hardware solution is to use a VCO or VFO as the external LO, and add a Divide-by-4 before
      > > feeding it into a Frequency Counter. Then it will Directly read the Centre Frequency being received.
      > > Building stable oscillators at HF is of course a skill in itself, or add a Phase Lock Loop, etc.
      > > One way is to cut down the Frequency Coverage ratio, perhaps using several switched ocillators...
      > >
      > > I too am interested in software/SL answers to this... Gra.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic