229Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Increased Surviellance Width

  • Bill
    Apr 10, 2011
      Wolf,  I appreciate your quick response.  I guess I'll purchase, a quad core PC and have the operating system "backed" to WINXP,  and a Perseus.  This would be a great improvement for my efforts.

      Thanks again,

      Bill
      N4DM

      On Apr 10, 2011, at 12:07 PM, wolf_dl4yhf wrote:

      Hello Bill,

      you asked:

      Are you considering supporting the WINRADIO Excalibur?

      Unfortunately not - this would be a very time-consuming job, and I already have two good software-defined radios here.
      Yes SL did support Perseus at 500 kSamples/second (which, due to the I + Q processing, is almost the same as the 'usable bandwidth'). But I'm not sure about Perseus and Win7 - I'm very happy with windows XP which still seems to give less headaches than Win7. So I will keep it as my 'primary OS' as long as possible.
      Note sure about the 1 Hz resolution at 500 kSamples/second. That would call for an exceptionally "long" FFT running at an exceptionally large rate ... guess you will need a really fast PC for that.

      Cheers,
         Wolf DL4YHF .

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic