1893Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Updating Spectrum Lab

  • Jurgen Bartels
    Jan 26, 2014
      > Ummm.. I would have answered 'simply install the new version over the
      > existing one, the installer won't overwrite anything which it didn't put
      > there itself' -- but obviously it does. Does it ?

      It always asks whether to overwrite the .ini files in the main folder.

      > I use the 'Inno Setup Compiler' and since it maintains a file list (for
      > the uninstaller), I thought it would not uninstall / delete any file
      > which is *not* in that list. But I may be wrong.

      I can't say for SpeLab, but for our own installations Inno only deletes the
      files it knows. Others are left untouched.

      It would be wise for users to create their own filenames when storing
      configurations and not to update an existing file that came with SpecLab.

      Jurgen
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic