1744RE: I/Q phase adjustment

  • vbifyz
    Sep 26, 2013

      Another issue with I/Q settings is that many sound cards have 1 sample delay between channels. I have some soundcards that have  Left channel delayed by 1 sample, and some that have Right channel delayed.

      I even have laptops (using IDT/Sigmatel audio chip) that have random 1/16 to 16/16 sample delay between channels, which can not be compensated by phase imbalance adjustment.

      73, Mike

      ---In spectrumlabusers@yahoogroups.com, <g8pha@...> wrote:

      Hi Wolf,
      Whilst on this subject, I found that the quantization steps were too big to permit much past 70dB of
      unwanted sideband cancellation. Occasionally I could step on a 90 or 100dB point, but more often
      found two in the 70-odd range, stepping right over the null. Is there a way to reduce them?.
      Certainly, Amplitude error Range might be sacrificed, & trimmed in Hardware. Graham.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic