Skip to search.

1737Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] RE: EMU0202

  • Gerry G.
    Sep 22, 2013
      Hi Sven,

      If your sound card driver is showing in the SL output window and you select it, then any SL audio should appear on your sound card output.  Look on the output scope.  If you see nothing then you have low gain or bad selection of something in SL or bad input.  Look on the input scope all the way to 100 gain on it.. You can follow with the scope the signal through SL to the final SL output on the L and R blocks.  Try some other .usr setups for other things to find your signal.  The FM demodulator should appear on the output of the sound card as analog audio.  Also some times windows gets hung up on the audio selections and you have to restart for settings to happen.  It really  is possible to do what you want, just some open or un selected thing going on I think.  Maybe turn on the SL generator and point it to your output on SL...  A good way to test this. Also some differences in Vista audio it seems if you have that?  I use XP and it works for all this fine.  What are you detecting with FM?

      Gerry

      On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 5:22 AM, <sm5le@...> wrote:

      Hi again Gerry

      The translated text was OK in Swedich :-)

      Anyway, the language is not problem for me just now. I cant make you understand my qestion (not you fault:-) .

      I do processing (FM demudulation in SL) and it woks OK.

      The thing is I want the processed to be analouge and appear on a "hardware conector" at 0202. Headphone, lineoutpt or any other conector. I want to do analouge job on the SL processed signal (outside the PC)

      Sven

      --- In spectrumlabusers@yahoogroups.com, <compufriend3@...> wrote:

      Sven,

      Maybe we can use this translator on google. On this kind of thing it can help! (Google Translate)

      See if this can work better for us.  I have set up a example to connect SL to your sound card so you can use SL for processing of any kind.

      Tell me what you want to do and maybe I can set it up and send you the .usr file to make yours the same to test and learn it.

      SL is amazing but a big learning curve. Tell me what you are doing as I have Schumann also and can work with you on it.  I am still working on the hardware also.  Matching the antenna to the preamp and filtering.

      Your question: Yes input is on line inputs.

      73's

      Gerry

      Send to me back in Swedish if you like.  We will see how it goes.

      Kanske kan vi använda denna översättare på google. (Google Translate)

      Se om detta kan fungera bättre för oss. Jag har satt upp ett exempel för att ansluta SL till ditt ljudkort så att du kan använda SL för behandling av något slag.

      Berätta vad du vill göra och kanske jag kan ställa upp och skicka dig. Usr-filen för att göra din densamma att testa och lära sig det.

      SL är fantastiskt men en stor inlärningskurva. Berätta vad du gör eftersom jag har Schumann också och kan arbeta med dig på det. Jag arbetar fortfarande på hårdvaran också. Matchande antennen till förförstärkare och filtrering.

      Din fråga: Ja ingången är på linjeingångar.

      73 s

      Gerry

      Skicka till mig tillbaka på svenska om du vill. Vi får se hur det går.

      On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM, <sm5le@...> wrote:

      Hi Gerry

      Schumann 1st resonance works 24h. The others higher up have difficultys because of train QRM and 230v AC noise.

      You sed:

      "Then all processing will use the sound in... process what ever.... output to the sound card.. (line inputs!)"

      Sven: Is the processed output on "line inputs" ?

      /Sven

      --- In spectrumlabusers@yahoogroups.com, <compufriend3@...> wrote:

      Hi Sven,

      How is the Schumann project going?

      On Spectrum Lab menu.  Go to 'Options'  / Audio settings

      Then left side...... Input Device... Output device.  select your sound cards input and output.

      Then all processing will use the sound in... process what ever.... output to the sound card.. (line inputs!)

      I use this all the time.. works great!

      Gerry , San Antonio

      On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM, <sm5le@...> wrote:

      Hi

      Is it possible to have "processed output" from EMU0202 ? (out from SpecLab)

      Headphone is "direct output".

      Tnx /Sven

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic