1614Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Saving audio files

    Jul 5, 2013
      Hi Dave,

      I just checked the recent version and could not reproduce the symptom yet (currently working on V2.79 b04 to fix a problem with receiving the Palaoa live stream).
      In the file selector box which opens after selecting 'File' (in the main menu) .. 'Audio Files and Streams' .. 'Save input as audio file', the file type is set to wave if the previously used file was something.wav, and set to Ogg Vorbis if the previously used file was something.ogg. In other words, the file extension defines the pre-selected file type in the file selector box. This is how it should be (and what it is, under windows XP). If it isn't in your case, which version of SL and of windows are you using ?
      I remember modifying something a few months ago; hopefully those modifications didn't break someting else..

      Am 30.06.2013 23:41, schrieb Dave:

      Hi Bill,

      No luck.

      I changed all the "ogg" to "wav" and I tried selecting them as active, and deselecting them, but it still wants to save audio as an .ogg file.

      Each time I changed something I clicked on apply, closed the program, re-opened it and then checked the settings before I tried to save an audio file.

      No matter what I did, or did not, tick, SpectrumLab always defaulted to the ogg format.

      Ah well, I guess it's a case of just having to select wav from now on, but it is annoying as I don't remember having to do this before and, logically, there should be some way to make the program default to the file type that I would like to use.  If only I could find that setting.

      Dave (G0DJA)