      To: SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com
      From: dl4yhf@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 10:34:37 +0000
      Subject: [SpectrumLabUsers] Re: New 'beta' with the possibility to read the spectrum buffer (FFTs) via web server / JSON

      Hi Darius,

      After playing around with the Javascrip (or should I say 'fooling around'), I found that the actual processor hog is the JSXGraph which is used to plot the graph.

      I have compiled a new version (including a modified HTML test page for the JSON-based export) in which updating of the graph can be turned on/off. The transfer itself, and parsing of the JSON response only takes a few milliseconds. But plotting a spectrum from a 16384-point-FFT took several seconds.

      Do we have experienced Javascript developers here - any suggestion how to plot a curve from array data in a fast, portable, and reliable way (which works on all major browsers) ?

      The new version (V2.79 b02) is at

      http://dl4yhf.ssl7.com/speclab/install_speclab.zip

      There is no 'beta' at the moment. One or two other bugs which have been reported via PM have also been fixed in this version.

      BR,