1562Re: New 'beta' with the possibility to read the spectrum buffer (FFTs) via web server / JSON

  • dl4yhf
    Jun 2, 2013
      Hi Darius,

      After playing around with the Javascrip (or should I say 'fooling around'), I found that the actual processor hog is the JSXGraph which is used to plot the graph.

      I have compiled a new version (including a modified HTML test page for the JSON-based export) in which updating of the graph can be turned on/off. The transfer itself, and parsing of the JSON response only takes a few milliseconds. But plotting a spectrum from a 16384-point-FFT took several seconds.

      Do we have experienced Javascript developers here - any suggestion how to plot a curve from array data in a fast, portable, and reliable way (which works on all major browsers) ?

      The new version (V2.79 b02) is at

      http://dl4yhf.ssl7.com/speclab/install_speclab.zip

      There is no 'beta' at the moment. One or two other bugs which have been reported via PM have also been fixed in this version.

      BR,
      Wolf .

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "dariusjack2006" <dariusjack2006@...> wrote:

      > I run Firefox and Win XP either on PC and laptop
      > and Firefox keeps processor 100% busy processing Javascript
      > from time to time, forcing me to kill the process.
      >
      > Longer Javascript generates me alert > Continue script or Close
      >
      > Just tested Android 4.2 in Galaxy S4 since plan to write basic
      > Android app. Hope FFT-export can work on Android.
      >
      > darius
      >
      > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "dl4yhf" <dl4yhf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Darius,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the feedback.
      > >
      > > I just tested the FFT-export via webserver from one of my office PCs, and found the periodic update of the graph doesn't always work.
      > > Surprisingly, the javascript seems to 'get faster' the longer it works. This was with a windows XP, 32-bit, machine running Firefox.
      > >
      > > At home, the periodic update worked flawlessly even at 0.1 second refresh intervals. Strange... needs more investigation.
      > >
      > > All the best,
      > > Wolf .
      > >

      > > --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "dariusjack2006" <dariusjack2006@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Wolf,