1168Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Active antenna connection to soundcard input

  • Alan
    Jan 2, 2013
      Subject: Re: [SpectrumLabUsers] Active antenna connection to soundcard input

      > True, if you happen to be in the lucky position to have a soundcard with
      > a true "Line" input.
      > On most laptops, there is only a combined microphone / line input, and a
      > small DC voltage is coupled to the center conductor to feed the
      > amplifier inside an electret microphone. But even shorting such an input
      > to ground will do no harm. Only connecting it to a higher DC voltage
      > externally (say 12 or 24 V) may cause trouble.

      Wolf,

      I had not thought of that.
      I do have a netbook and like many modern laptops it has an input that can be configured either as a mic input or stereo line input.
      I have a few notes here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdronasus

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic