1030Re: Running Spectrum Lab in 'debug' mode

  • john_s_colton
    Oct 30, 2012
      Alan,

      Thanks for the comments. I hadn't tried it with anything plugged in, since (at the time) I only wanted Spectrum Lab to produce output rather than analyze input. I didn't realize until just a couple of days ago that the lack of an input source would prevent Spectrum Lab from functioning as a function generator.

      John

      --- In SpectrumLabUsers@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <g4zfq@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > I was going to comment but I thought you must have tried it with plugs in!
      >
      > It's nothing to do with Windows.
      > Modern mother board sockets have an extra contact that tells the soundcard driver whether there is anything plugged in. We get
      > frustrating popups telling us something has been inserted.
      > When there is nothing plugged in that socket is disabled and Windows does not see it.
      > I can't help feeling this could really upset things if something is setup with nothing in the motherboard socket, then the computer
      > restarted with something inserted.
      > I only have one computer like that which I do not use regularly. I suggest fitting permanent extension leads in those sockets. Or
      > hack the motherboard so it thinks something is inserted.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic