Do you know an icecream maker without aluminum paddles/bowl?

  • Carol Blackman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      Because all of us in our home are allergic to milk, and Dad feels he needs
      ice cream daily in hot weather, I have been trying to locate an ice cream
      maker that does NOT use aluminum for paddles or bowl. I've found some models
      on internet that say they have plastic paddles but don't specify what
      the bowl is. I realize plastic may not be a perfect solution, but I do Not
      want to put aluminum back into our bodies after working hard to get some out
      of Christopher and myself.

      Can any of you suggest any aluminum-free ice cream makers? Have your tried
      some that are not worth using?

      I have made "icecream" in our blender for years for Christopher using flax
      oil (the NON-rosemary type), frozen bananas and soy or rice milk, adding
      fruit or carob powder and he's content with it. But Dad wants it more the
      consistency of real ice cream so my blender concoction isn't acceptable to
      him, even though with homemade rice milk, it is rich and creamy, but it
      needs that air whipped into it that an icecream maker gives, to make him
      happy.

      THANK YOU,

      Carol