New to group

  • Faith2grace
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hello!

      I am new to the group. We are thinking of starting to home school our special needs daughter. We are concerned about the legalities and what to do with her IEP. For those of you that have made the transition, I would love to hear your story.

      A little about my DH. She is adopted from Bulgaria. This last year she was put into a regular classroom and has her special services. We did her IEP today and was appauled to learn that her teachers knew so little about her. They agreed that the situation had some good parts to it and there was some detriment. At the beginning of this year I wanted her in the class with a one on one so she could make the transition. They agreed that was a better alternative than what took place. She is just sinking and sinking quickly.

      My husband and I are educators and need to make this work with my mother helping us.

      Now I am rambling, so any help or input is appreciated.

      Blessings

      Faith