Special Ed broadcasts on Focus on Family earlier this week

  • Carol Blackman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      I rarely hear Focus on the Family and know part of this series is a rerun
      from a few years ago, but it's the first time I've heard these broadcasts
      which are of special interest to us families.

      http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000551.cfm takes you to the 3rd broadcast
      and on that page, there's a list called "Today's Resources" and below it is
      "Related Articles". I've wanted to listen to them but haven't had time, but
      knowing I may never find time to do so, I thought I'd go ahead and tell you
      about these broadcasts and resources before I forget. It sounds like there
      are some interesting discussions between the host who has adopted a child
      from Russia who now has autism and Dr. Larimore, who I think may have
      changed his perspective from when the broadcasts first aired. Dr. Dobson
      kept saying in the first 2 broadcasts that the info in the book Lynn
      Hamilton wrote is "controversial" which makes me think it probably is a Good
      Book, as it appears her son has recovered and we all KNOW Ritalin or
      similar drugs do not "recover" a child from autism.

      Anyway, I wanted to list the broadcasts so you could listen to them on line.
      The August 1st one needs Kleenex! It discusses Dr. Larimore's child, Dr.
      Beck' child as well as autism so it covers a wider variety of special needs
      issues than just autism. So even if you aren't affected by autism, you
      would most likely appreciate this broadcast. Those who have children on
      Autism or Asperger Spectrum would like all the broadcasts. You realize we
      really aren't so "all alone" after all.

      August 1, 2007:
      Hope for Autistic Children (Part 3 of 3)
      July 31, 2007:
      Hope for Autistic Children (Part 2 of 3)
      July 30, 2007:
      Hope for Autistic Children (Part 1 of 3)

      http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000551.cfm

      If any of you have read Lynn's book, I'd love to hear your thoughts about
      it.

      Carol