Veggie Booty Recalled due to salmonella

  • Carol Blackman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      I don't know if any of you use Veggie Booty, a tasty green snack that does
      not list gluten or dairy ingredients in it's ingredients. Unfortunately, it
      is being recalled due to samonella outbreak associated with it in 17 states.

      http://www.robscape.com/press-release4.pdf

      Christopher LOVED it, however, there seemed to be something in it that
      affected him negatively so he nver got to eat it except maybe once a year,
      if that often.

      We do like Tings, also put out by Robert's American Gourmet Snacks and they
      don't seem to bother him. They never are on sale, even though they sit next
      to the other Robert's products which currently are on sale at Fred Meyers.
      I called my local Freddies nutrition center this morning and they had not
      learned of the recall yet.

      I'm thinking it might be wise to not use other Robert's products for a bit
      until we know if the salmonella is from the green powder the product is
      coated with, or if it's in their corn or grain products.

      Carol