Recommendation for Dr

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 20, 2007
    • Colleen
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 20, 2007
        Sorry about that! It must be too late to be doing this.

        What I wanted to know is if anyone had recommendations for a Doctor who
        treats adhd, autism in natural ways.
        I am very tired of the response I continue to receive and would like to
        explore this avenue.

        Thanks so much!
        Colleen
      • Connie Kyker
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 20, 2007
          What city are you in?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 20, 2007
            We are in Albany, but willing to drive to Eugene, Salem, Portland areas.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 20, 2007
              Colleen,

              Dr. Jennifer Reid in Gresham has been a real blessing to my son and lots of
              other kids. She has reduced the hyperactivity and NOISE LEVEL at our
              household to where there is mostly peace and no hand flapping, etc :-)
              (well to be honest, we did the dietary restrictions but she gave us the
              guidance! and supplements) Dr. Chapman is in with her. Her website is
              http://www.favoritedr.com/

              Dr. Rob Dramov in Tigard (on Shady Lane) right off Highway217 also does a
              lot for these type of kids. He and Dr. Reid are Christians and very caring.
              They also are sensitive to the fact a lot of us don't have a lot of money.
              Dr. Chapman may also be a Christian; she's really nice. My son loves her
              cheeriness.

              Dr. Contreras (I think I heard he's in Eugene or Salem area) also does a lot
              for these kids.

              If you ask Dr. Reid at her website, she may direct you to someone locally.
              Tell her Carol Blackman suggested you ask her.

              I just went to the DAN! website (Defeat Autism Now!) and got these addresses
              & phone numbers but I don't know anything about the first guy or the last
              guy. It's just that they treat biomedically rather than just using drugs.

              a.. Alan Kadish, N.M.D., N.D., A.B.A.A.M.
              2612 East Barnett Road
              Medford, OR 97504
              tel: 541-773-3191
              fax: 541-779-5647

              b.. Rob Dramov, N.D.
              9735 SW Shady Lane, Suite 302
              Tigard, OR 97223
              tel: 503-639-6454
              fax: 503-639-6584

              c.. Larry Herdener, N.D.
              415 E. 3rd Street
              McMinnville, OR 97128
              tel: 503-434-6170
              fax: 503-472-2711

              Be encouraged, Colleen, it's slow, but worth, no, MORE THAN WORTH the
              effort! We just got Christopher's Asperger assessment in the mail today and
              I glanced through it this evening and realized from their records she had
              added things I'd forgotten about his behaviour when he was first diagnosed
              with autism several years ago. It only takes a couple minutes of thinking
              what life would be like if he were the way he was back then, to make me
              appreciate more than ever how well he's done with all the various things
              we've done. We still have (very badly worn) orange shag carpet and nothing
              is "nice" as everything is old around here, but we have peace and
              tranquility in our home! I'll take my ugly carpet over a bouncy, out of
              control kid that drives me nuts. I've really been blessed, and pray you
              will be too!

              Carol

              > Sorry about that! It must be too late to be doing this.
              >
              > What I wanted to know is if anyone had recommendations for a Doctor who
              > treats adhd, autism in natural ways.
              > I am very tired of the response I continue to receive and would like to
              > explore this avenue.
              >
              > Thanks so much!
              > Colleen
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > !DSPAM:147,45ffa247121954385619355!
            • Colleen
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 21, 2007
                Thank you, Carol.

                I have spent a little time on the DAN website and looked up some of these
                Drs. It is nice to be able to have more info than what they supply on line,
                though.
                I even did a quick "test" to see where our guy fit in and he scored a 69,
                which puts him in the middle of the autism spectrum. We are continuing our
                "education" about all of these things, but want to be able to help our son
                (and us!) be able to focus and settle down!
                You give us hope in your sharing! Thank you!

              • Alison
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 22, 2007
                  >>I even did a quick "test" to see where our guy fit in and he
                  scored a 69, which puts him in the middle of the autism spectrum.<<

                  Can you tell me where you found this test?

                  Thank you,
                  Alison

                  --- In Special_HS_OR@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" <ceen@...> wrote:

                  > Thank you, Carol.
                  >
                  > I have spent a little time on the DAN website and looked up some
                  of these
                  > Drs. It is nice to be able to have more info than what they
                  supply on line,
                  > though.
                  > I even did a quick "test" to see where our guy fit in and he
                  scored a 69,
                  > which puts him in the middle of the autism spectrum. We are
                  continuing our
                  > "education" about all of these things, but want to be able to help
                  our son
                  > (and us!) be able to focus and settle down!
                  > You give us hope in your sharing! Thank you!
                  > Colleen

                • Connie Kyker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 22, 2007
                    There is one here http://www.childbrain.com/pddq6.shtml at number 6.
                    Connie

                    >>I even did a quick "test" to see where our guy fit in and he

                    scored a 69, which puts him in the middle of the autism spectrum.<<

                    Can you tell me where you found this test?

                    Thank you,
                    Alison

                    --- In Special_HS_OR@ yahoogroups. com, "Colleen" <ceen@...> wrote:

                    > Thank you, Carol.
                    >
                    > I have spent a little time on the DAN website and looked up some
                    of these
                    > Drs. It is nice to be able to have more info than what they
                    supply on line,
                    > though.
                    > I even did a quick "test" to see
                    where our guy fit in and he
                    scored a 69,

                    -----

                    Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:08 PM
                    > Subject: Re: [Special_HS_ OR]
                    Recommendation for Dr

                    href="http://www.favoritedr.com/">http://www.favorite dr.com/

                    > > Dr. Rob Dramov in Tigard (on Shady Lane) right off Highway217
                    also does a
                    > > lot for these type of kids. He and Dr. Reid are
                    Christians and
                    very
                    > > caring.
                    > > They also are
                    sensitive to the fact a lot of us don't have a lot
                    of money.

                    Dr. Chapman may also be a Christian; she's really nice. My son
                    loves her
                    > > cheeriness.
                    > >
                    > > Dr. Contreras (I think I
                    heard he's in Eugene or Salem area)
                    also does a
                    > > lot
                    > > for these kids.
                    > >
                    > > If you ask Dr. Reid at her
                    website, she may direct you to
                    someone locally.
                    > > Tell her Carol
                    Blackman suggested you ask her.

                    > > I just went to the
                    DAN! website (Defeat Autism Now!) and got
                    these

                    addresses
                    > > & phone numbers but I don't know anything about the
                    first guy or
                    the last
                    > > guy. It's just that they treat
                    biomedically rather than just
                    using drugs.

                    > > a..
                    Alan Kadish, N.M.D., N.D., A.B.A.A.M.
                    > > 2612 East Barnett
                    Road
                    > > Medford, OR 97504
                    > > tel: 541-773-3191

                    fax: 541-779-5647

                    > > b.. Rob Dramov,
                    N.D.
                    > > 9735 SW Shady Lane, Suite 302
                    > > Tigard, OR
                    97223
                    > > tel: 503-639-6454
                    > > fax: 503-639-6584
                    > >

                    > > c.. Larry Herdener, N.D.
                    > > 415 E. 3rd
                    Street
                    > > McMinnville, OR 97128
                    > > tel: 503-434-6170
                    > > fax: 503-472-2711
                    > >

                    > > Be encouraged,
                    Colleen, it's slow, but worth, no, MORE THAN
                    WORTH the
                    > > effort!
                    We just got Christopher' s Asperger assessment in the
                    mail today
                    > > and
                    > > I glanced through it this evening and realized
                    from their
                    records she had
                    > > added things I'd forgotten about his
                    behaviour when he was first
                    diagnosed
                    > > with autism several years
                    ago. It only takes a couple minutes
                    of thinking
                    > > what life would
                    be like if he were the way he was back then, to
                    make me

                    appreciate more than ever how well he's done with all the
                    various things
                    > > we've done. We still have (very badly worn) orange shag
                    carpet
                    and
                    > > nothing
                    > > is "nice" as everything is old
                    around here, but we have peace and
                    > > tranquility in our home! I'll
                    take my ugly carpet over a
                    bouncy, out of
                    > > control kid that
                    drives me nuts. I've really been blessed, and
                    pray you
                    > > will be
                    too!

                    Message -----

                    Links

                  • Colleen
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 22, 2007
                      This link should take you to the one we used.

                      http://www.autismeval.com/ari-atec/index.html

                      Colleen :o)