Just had to share....

  • Connie Kyker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2006
      Last week, Ron was the lucky recipient of Tianna's (age 5 1/2) very first "I love you"! Neither of us have ever heard her say it before. She was  talking to Ron about how she would like him to have a turn taking her to school and out of the blue she said, "I love you daddy". We almost fell over! Then she turned around and said "I love you Lacey" to the dog. Lucky dog!

      Yesterday I was sitting on the couch, sitting sideways, looking at the computer when I felt 2 kisses on my cheek. I assumed it was Karissa and turned to give her a hug when I saw Tianna! I was floored! Tianna has never in her life offered me a kiss or been willing to let me give her one. So I asked if I could kiss her. She nodded and turned her cheek. I kissed it. She smiled. I asked if I could kiss her lips and she nodded but when the moment came it was too much for her and she said, "How about my nose". So I kissed her nose. :-) Today when I dropped her off at school I asked if she would like to kiss me good bye (never has before) She nodded and kissed my cheek. I asked if I could kiss her and she nodded and offered her cheek. She was all smiles. We have no idea what the turning point was but we have sure seen changes in her this month!

      Going to school (transition from home) has always been very hard and brushing her hair has been something that ruins her morning. This week she has been getting up, dressing and proud to brush her own hair! It sure has made our mornings easier!

      Whatever it is, we sure hope it continues!

      Connie

    • Deanna Gann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2006
        Hi Connie,

        That's all so wonderful!!  I Love you's, kissed and hair brushing all at once!!!!  I so glad for you,

        Deanna in Scappoose

[...]

      • Carol Ruth Blackman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2006
          Wow, Connie!!!  That is AWESOME!!!  Thanks for sharing!  How special!!!

          Blessings,
          Carol