new

  • Crystal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14 9:05 AM
      Hi! I am new to this group. We are moving back to Oregon again. We
      have lived in Winchester Bay and Reedsport before. We are now moving
      to the Hillsboro area. We (my kids and I) are not in Hillsboro,
      Oregon until the 5th of November and then we will be trying to settle
      in...Brian, my husband, will be out there earlier with the big moving
      truck of our stuff trying to find a house out there, but my husband
      starts his job at Intel on November 7th. So, if we don't find a house
      we can own (we don't want to be stuck in a contract of rent for a
      year) we will all be in some sort of hotel until we do.

      I do not drive as of yet...I don't have my license and will have to
      get new temps in Oregon, unless by some crazy fate of luck I get my
      license before we move. We are living in Florida now. We won't have a
      vehicle either until we find a suitable canidate. My husband will be
      biking to work until he gets a vehicle that he can drive. I don't
      know how good the transit system is in Hillsboro and surrounding
      areas, but I might have to rely on it until I can find rides to
      places or get my license. I really need more practice at driving. It
      is going to be really tricky with my 3 kids because I cannot have
      them in the car while I am practicing and don't know anyone out in
      Hillsboro area to watch them.

      I have two boys and a girl. My boys: Delbin Zachary is 5...just
      turned in September...so still in preschool in Oregon??...I would
      assume?, Jaedan Wyatt is 3 going on 4 next May. My little girl:
      Tatiana Nai'a is 21 months and will be 2 next January. Tatiana is
      blind from having brain surgery on a tumor at 8 months of age. She is
      also developmentally delayed. She is such a sweet, beautiful little
      girl and sooooooooo happy. Such a wonderful addition to our family.

      Thanks for letting me tell you a little about my family,
      ~Crystal a.k.a. finamoon
    • Carol Ruth Blackman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22 11:52 AM
        Crystal,
        There is a lightrail system from Hillsboro to Portland so hopefully you will
        be close enough you can take that and get around. We live 15 miles from the
        closest grocery store so would find a bicycle pretty hard to be our best
        form of transport, but you may do great there in Hillsboro. Hope your
        hubby's job lasts well there. My nephew has found all his college degrees
        in computer science (he attended school for 27 years!) to be little help in
        keeping a long-term job as he's only been able to get contract jobs and the
        computer companies can end the contract whenever they please. So I do pray
        your hubby's job lasts well, after this big move.

        I have seen there are homeschool groups in Hillsboro area from the Christian
        homeschool network so hopefully you will team up with some of them and find
        some friends soon. I live over an hour from Hillsboro, in the forested
        foothills of the Cascade range, in a little community with one yellow
        blinking light at the main intersection.

        May all go wonderfully well with your move, I pray.

        Blessings,
        Carol in Colton
        > Hi! I am new to this group. We are moving back to Oregon again. We
        > have lived in Winchester Bay and Reedsport before. We are now moving
        > to the Hillsboro area. We (my kids and I) are not in Hillsboro,
        > Oregon until the 5th of November and then we will be trying to settle
        > in...Brian, my husband, will be out there earlier with the big moving
        > truck of our stuff trying to find a house out there, but my husband
        > starts his job at Intel on November 7th. So, if we don't find a house
        > we can own (we don't want to be stuck in a contract of rent for a
        > year) we will all be in some sort of hotel until we do.
        >
        > I do not drive as of yet...I don't have my license and will have to
        > get new temps in Oregon, unless by some crazy fate of luck I get my
        > license before we move. We are living in Florida now. We won't have a
        > vehicle either until we find a suitable canidate. My husband will be
        > biking to work until he gets a vehicle that he can drive. I don't
        > know how good the transit system is in Hillsboro and surrounding
        > areas, but I might have to rely on it until I can find rides to
        > places or get my license. I really need more practice at driving. It
        > is going to be really tricky with my 3 kids because I cannot have
        > them in the car while I am practicing and don't know anyone out in
        > Hillsboro area to watch them.
        >
        > I have two boys and a girl. My boys: Delbin Zachary is 5...just
        > turned in September...so still in preschool in Oregon??...I would
        > assume?, Jaedan Wyatt is 3 going on 4 next May. My little girl:
        > Tatiana Nai'a is 21 months and will be 2 next January. Tatiana is
        > blind from having brain surgery on a tumor at 8 months of age. She is
        > also developmentally delayed. She is such a sweet, beautiful little
        > girl and sooooooooo happy. Such a wonderful addition to our family.
        >
        > Thanks for letting me tell you a little about my family,
        > ~Crystal a.k.a. finamoon
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • deannagann
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23 11:03 PM
          --- In Special_HS_OR@yahoogroups.com, "Crystal"
          <websurfergirl19@h...> wrote:

          HI Crystal,

          Welcome to our little group. We're usually pretty slow, but I'm
          willing to try and drum up a little conversation if you'd like:-)

          > Hi! I am new to this group. We are moving back to Oregon again. We
          > have lived in Winchester Bay and Reedsport before.

          ***My aunt and uncle used to live in Drain, and their favorite place
          to vacation was Winchester Bay. My family and I live in Scappoose,
          which is in Columbia County.

          I grew up in Beaverton, spent 5 years in Eugene, then moved to
          Portland, then Beaverton and now here for almost 13 years.

          Hillsboro has a ton of activites for homeschoolers, I find myself
          looking longingly over the hill once in a while;-)

          > I do not drive as of yet...I don't have my license and will have to
          > get new temps in Oregon, unless by some crazy fate of luck I get my
          > license before we move. We are living in Florida now. We won't have
          a > vehicle either until we find a suitable canidate. My husband
          will be > biking to work until he gets a vehicle that he can drive.

          ***Biking in Oregon in the winter will be wet. TV Hwy is the main
          artery in Hillsboro.

          I don't > know how good the transit system is in Hillsboro and
          surrounding > areas, but I might have to rely on it until I can find
          rides to > places or get my license.

          ***Tri-met is the public transport system for the whole Portland
          Metro Area, and includes the MAX lite-rail. You could visit the
          website once you know where you'll be and see which routes will take
          you to the places you want to be.

          I really need more practice at driving. It > is going to be really
          tricky with my 3 kids because I cannot have > them in the car while I
          am practicing and don't know anyone out in > Hillsboro area to watch
          them.

          ***How old are you? I was 27 when I got my license out here in
          Columbia County. I was pretty isolated until I did, but once Bridg
          was born I needed to get on with it. Having said that, I was a very
          nervous driver at first, it was sooo stressful for me, but now that
          I've been driving for 10 years, I realize how much I would have
          missed if I hadn't gotten behind the wheel. When you do get here,
          try to get your license. Hubby can always take the public transport
          to work, I mean why have your only car sitting in the Intel parking
          lot all day. You and the kids will want and need to get out. Just
          my humble opinion............

          > I have two boys and a girl. My boys: Delbin Zachary is 5...just
          > turned in September...so still in preschool in Oregon??...I would
          > assume?, Jaedan Wyatt is 3 going on 4 next May. My little girl:
          > Tatiana Nai'a is 21 months and will be 2 next January. Tatiana is
          > blind from having brain surgery on a tumor at 8 months of age. She
          is > also developmentally delayed. She is such a sweet, beautiful
          little > girl and sooooooooo happy. Such a wonderful addition to our
          family.

          ***It sounds like you have your hands full! I've got two girls, 9
          and 6. The oldest has autism and the youngest does not. They are my
          heart and my joy!! Welcome back to Oregon and to the list!

          Deanna in Scappoose