FW: Beaverton City Park

  • Deanna Gann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to  Columbia County Homeschoolers e-list, but I wanted to include other homeschool groups and individuals in my address book.  To those of you that are getting this in duplicate or triplicate:-( I apologize!

      Subject: Beaverton City Park

      Most weekends find the girls and I driving over the hill to Beaverton.  During the school 'year' Bridget swims at the Beaverton Swim Center and my mom lives nearby.  We always have lunch and do some shopping.  The fact is that Beaverton has some great parks and one of the nicest and most visible is the City Park at 5th and Watson next to the library.  BCP has tons of tables in the shade near the play structure, a restroom and lawn, but the best feature IMHO is the fountain where kids can splash and have a blast!  My girls are always begging me to go, but we just always seem to be on the way to somewhere else as we pass by.

      I am planning to take them towards the end of the month.  Possible dates are Tuesday July 26th or Thursday July 28th (this is not a scheduled park day), or alternately, August 9,10 or 11.  If anyone would like to join us please let me know what date might work for you and yours.  If I don't hear anything I'll just pick a date and let everyone know.  I've tried to pick days that do not fall on Summer Reading Program days, CCH field trips, CCH Support Group days, MNO, or Game Day..............there's also the Fair to think of!

      If you've never been over The Pass don't let that stop you!  You can always follow me, or carpool  is possible if we get enough interest.  I look forward to hearing from some of you.  Lets go and picnic, play and splash!!

      Best, Deanna