New to Group

  • kachingsbabe
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hi Everyone. I plan on starting this challenge one week from now. My
      problem will be that for one, I work in a high school kitchen (food
      always readily available). Anyone have ideas on how to discipline
      myself and walk away from temptation.
    • Stephanie Ferguson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 12, 2007
        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "kachingsbabe"
        <kachingsbabe@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone. I plan on starting this challenge one week from now.
        My
        > problem will be that for one, I work in a high school kitchen (food
        > always readily available). Anyone have ideas on how to discipline
        > myself and walk away from temptation.

        hi my name is stephanie, im new to this group but the best advice
        that i can give to you is to eat a healthy meal mabye a half hour
        before you go to work. eat maybe a bowl of special k and a medium
        orange or a cup of fresh fruits with a glass a fat free, low fat, or
        skim milk. that way you have a full stomach when you leave. and if
        you do get the temptation during the day to eat something... try to
        wait about 10 minutes or so,(it may just be a temptation)and if you
        find your self still wanting it... have some but dont do more than a
        hand full of what it is. for example with you working in a high
        school im sure you see tater tots alot. instead of picking at them
        contantly or getting a full plate of them get maybe five or six put
        them on a plate and gradually take one at a time and it will possibly
        kill your craving... and if by chance it doesn't drink one or two
        glasses of water and that should hold your craving for a while....
        try it and let me know how it works for you.
      • Rebecca Arendale
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 17, 2007
          Hello, I am new to this. My husband and I are doing this together. We
          both stay home at the present time, I am in remission from Colon cancer
          and he is having sezures and cannot work. We are both overweight and
          want to try to do something about it. We have tried several things and
          I guess both figured out that this might work. Any suggestions on this
          would be great. Thanks Becky and Manley
        • Dawn Heine
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 5, 2008
            Hello All!

            I joined a few days ago but have not had the time to post until now. I am 43 and know that I need to lose weight simply because its healthy! My mom is very ill due to diabetes and will die within a year or due to complications of liver disease and kidney failure. I am a lazy person when it comes to dieting and hate hate hate measuring, calorie counting and any other thing that involves lots of work! I just want to be able to be a normal person who can stop when full and eat more fruits and veggies rather than fried foods and loads of sweets! I started swimming with a friend of mine and that is going well. I have added a fruit to each meal and at least one veggie [that is not swimming in butter!!! ] I know it is not a diet so much as a way of eating that works for me that I need to find and commit to! I am happy to have found this group and this weekend will incorporate Special K into my diet!!! Dawn
          • honie00
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 5, 2008
              Hi, my name is Angie and I am new to the group and the program. I
              have decided to try the Special K Challenge because nothing else has
              worked for me. I am 5'6" and weigh 250 lbs. I gained about 80 lbs
              from a medication I was taking and I am now trying to take it back
              off. Unfortunately, it has been a difficult undertaking. I am here to
              get support to stay motivated and on track. That is my biggest
              challenge with losing weight. I am not a big over eater and frankly,
              I don't really eat much at all anyway. Hopefully, I will be able to
              meet people who are looking for the same thing that I am and we will
              be able to motivate each other.
            • emmomexec
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 5, 2009
                Hello to all!
                I am very excited to be here. I hope we can all bring encouragement
                and support to each other. I am a married mom in the Texas panhandle
                with one daughter who is almost 6 yrs old. I am hoping to lose 15-20
                pounds. Any tips and encouragement would be great! Talk to you all
                real soon!
              • cc
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 6, 2009
                  Hello everyone,

                  this is the first time i've done anything like this, but i really hope
                  to stick with it and get results. I live in Elk River, MN. and need to
                  do this for me.
                • JANE ROURKE
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 7, 2009
                    Hi there!  I decided to try this diet, I've been up and down with my weight ever since my daughter was born she is 8 years old now and this time I want to keep the weight off..

                    Is there anyone from Canada on the group?

                    Jane
                  • shehow2003
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 9, 2009
                      Hello everyone! I will be starting my challenge Mon. Jan 12th. with
                      the hopes to get down to my goal weight of 120 lbs. I am currently
                      170lbs. I used to be in great shape approx. 4 yrs. ago. I worked out
                      at least 5 days a week, ate great lived a very healthy and active
                      lifestyle. Then I got really sick and since then have had 5 surgeries
                      and in and out of the hospital numerous times and of course all the
                      healthy eating and exercise went down the drain. I am not used to
                      seeing myself like this. My husband gives me a hard time because I
                      refuse to put on a bathing suit and go swimming with him and my son at
                      Lifetime. But I am very uncomfrontable with myself. I have been
                      feeling better though and ready to start my active and healthy
                      lifestyle. I hope this is the Chanllenge I need to kick start my
                      butt :) If anyone in the Mi, nearby area is looking for a workout p,
                      give me a email. Looking forward to talking with all of you and
                      hearing your success stories :) Good Luck to all.
                    • Faithful
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 20, 2009
                        Hi Guys!

                        With the society of thin women trying to make their image our image I
                        thought what a great way to make myself healthy and like the image I am
                        gaining by eating a great plan from Special K!

                        I look forward to hearing from anyone at all as I think this is just
                        wonderful for all to be able to connect. I live in Central Texas and I
                        have sent emails to my local contacts. Another terrific ideal!

                        Have a great "K" day

                        Krissi
                      • sprtsmomof6
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 3, 2009
                          Greetings everyone! My name is Beth and I am new here. I have been
                          doing the Special K thing on and off for about a month now; it does
                          work. Although, at the moment, I have reached a lull...I don't do alot
                          of exercising, have a hard time getting self motivated, but do walk
                          when the weather permits. Hope everyone has a blessed day!! Keep
                          encouraging one another....
                        • sharla hodges
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 4, 2009
                            I lost 11 lbs but now I seem to be having a hard time losing anything. I go
                            to the gym so I think I am going to try going more or staying longer and see
                            if that will help.

                            Sharla

                            On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM, sprtsmomof6 <sprtsmomof6@...> wrote:
                            I don't do alot
                            > of exercising, have a hard time getting self motivated, but do walk
                            > when the weather permits. Hope everyone has a blessed day!! Keep
                            > encouraging one another....

                          • yme4evercp
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 7, 2009
                              Good Morning Everyone!

                              My name is Christina and I am 24 years old. I recently on on my scale and was disappointed when I realized I had gained 27 pounds in the last 2 years. Since I will be going on vacation in March, I would like to lose at least 20 lbs by March 5th. Today is the day that I will begin eating healthier and going to the gym 5 days a week for 1 hour or cardio along with 3 days a week of weights/ab/leg work. I get paid this Friday and will begin the Special K Challenge next week.

                              I have 2 questions that I would like your opinions on:

                              1. What can I do to detox my body and help me start of feeling right? I would really like to get rid of all the harsh toxins in my body beofre I begin. I'm low on funds at the moment, but any advice would be great.

                              2. What has worked for you and what tips can you offer to help me achieve my goal?

                              Thank you in advance for all you help!

                              ~Christina
                            • Alida Muller
                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 8, 2009
                                Hi Christina,my name is Alida @ dont stop eating.Just start eating smaller porsions
                                that will help alot.Cut out all your'e gas koeldrinks out and don't nibble on sweets
                                try nuts thats great,have a great evening u all @ all 4 the best to u.

                                Kind Regards
                                @lida
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 8, 2009
                                  hi
                                  My name is Sandra. I too had a recent experience with the scale giving me harsh results. I gained 25 pounds. No wonder my clothes don't fit!
                                  I am in late 40s and realize that some of it is menopause,but majority is bad eating habits and sedartary life.
                                  I just returned to gym after a 15 year absence. My goal is to lose the weight by July as that is when my high school reunion is. My dr is on board with me to lose the weight. I started the Special K diet 2 weeks ago and feel better for it
                                  You mentioned ridding of the toxins. I would suggest seeking a nurtrionalist.Where I am,the consultation is free.
                                  Keep in touch

                                  --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "yme4evercp" <yme4evercp@...> wrote:

                                  > Good Morning Everyone!
                                  >
                                  > My name is Christina and I am 24 years old. I recently on on my scale and was disappointed when I realized I had gained 27 pounds in the last 2 years. Since I will be going on vacation in March, I would like to lose at least 20 lbs by March 5th. Today is the day that I will begin eating healthier and going to the gym 5 days a week for 1 hour or cardio along with 3 days a week of weights/ab/leg work. I get paid this Friday and will begin the Special K Challenge next week.
                                  >
                                  > I have 2 questions that I would like your opinions on:
                                  >
                                  > 1. What can I do to detox my body and help me start of feeling right? I would really like to get rid of all the harsh toxins in my body beofre I begin. I'm low on funds at the moment, but any advice would be great.
                                  >
                                  > 2. What has worked for you and what tips can you offer to help me achieve my goal?
                                  >
                                  > Thank you in advance for all you help!
                                  >
                                  > ~Christina

                                • Angela Nurse
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 8, 2009
                                    Hi Christina,
                                    when you go grocery shopping pick up some Kale, it's dark green add it to one apple, and the juice of a lemon. Puree in the blender and drink it each  morning.
                                    Eating better doesn't mean you have to purchase special foods. I strongly suggest investing in whole grains, so things like whole flax seeds, oats, barley (not the white pearl) and brown rice. Eating these grains in small portions help to keep you full longer so that you eat less thereby losing the weight.

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Dec 8, 2009
                                      welcome aboard!!!

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Dec 11, 2009
                                        U ust just stay strong,u will get alot off support
                                        from all the lady frends.Im in the same situation
                                        as u @ its hard.

                                        Kind Regard
                                        @lid@
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 12, 2009
                                          Hi Angela,its Alida.What is that Kale that u speak of,and if i dont have a blender
                                          what else can i use?please help me...

                                          Kind Regars
                                          @lid@
                                          xxxxxxxx

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Dec 12, 2009
                                            we are in this together!!! best of luck and never give up!!!