HELP

  • keeshawoodland
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 28, 2006
      I am 33 years old with four kids I have been strugging with weight
      loss issues for about five years since I had my last child. Now I am
      in desperate need to lose at least 40lbs. I am 5'10. All i need is a
      little motivation.
    • jpike44
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 29, 2006
        You can do it! Think about how much more active you'll be with your
        kids.

        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "keeshawoodland"
        <keeshawoodland@...> wrote:

        > I am 33 years old with four kids I have been strugging with weight
        > loss issues for about five years since I had my last child. Now I am
        > in desperate need to lose at least 40lbs. I am 5'10. All i need is a
        > little motivation.

      • redgmaof3
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 29, 2006
          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "jpike44" <jpike44@...> wrote:

          > You can do it! Think about how much more active you'll be with your
          > kids.
          >

          > --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "keeshawoodland"
          > <keeshawoodland@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am 33 years old with four kids I have been strugging with weight
          > > loss issues for about five years since I had my last child. Now I
          am
          > > in desperate need to lose at least 40lbs. I am 5'10. All i need is
          > > little motivation.

          I too need to lose 40 pounds, so let's do it together. Are you doing the Special-K Challenge? What else are you doing?
        • DeEtta Duckett
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
            Maybe my computer can't handle my request but I don't seem to have the
            ability to design my own challenge. When I click on the bar, I get a
            screen with 5 red bars in a box shape(no words) and a girl with a tape
            measure around her waist with a blank red bar above her head. I
            cannot find any instructions or questions anywhere. I really want to
            take the challenge and loose 25 pounds but I don't know what My weekly
            eating schedule sould be. How do I access the questionaire that will
            give me an eating schedule?
          • denise_camin
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
              I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it might be related to your
              browser. I use AOL, but I've found that if I click on Internet
              Explorer (another browswer on my computer) after I've logged into AOL,
              I have an easier time accessing other web sites:
              http://www.specialk.com/.

              When I tried to click on the "design" challenge button, it took a while
              but it did open up to the page with the girl with the tape measure.

              There should be words in the five read boxes to the left as you face
              the screen, and to the right of the girl with the tape measure should
              be a set of blue boxes with information about succeeding on the plan.

              Above the girl's head should be a red box with the "design your
              challenge" information.

              Try this: If you are using the AOL browser (you are an AOL customer),
              try putting the cursor over the girl's head. You will probably get the
              rollover information even if you cannot see it, and maybe if you click
              on it, the information will appear.

              If not, try clicking on Internet Explorer, if you have this browser
              (looks like a cursive e) on your computer. Then, see if the Special K
              link I included works.

              Hope this helps,

              Denise

              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "DeEtta Duckett" <deetta_d@...>
              wrote:

              > Maybe my computer can't handle my request but I don't seem to have
              the
              > ability to design my own challenge. When I click on the bar, I get a
              > screen with 5 red bars in a box shape(no words) and a girl with a
              tape
              > measure around her waist with a blank red bar above her head. I
              > cannot find any instructions or questions anywhere. I really want to
              > take the challenge and loose 25 pounds but I don't know what My
              weekly
              > eating schedule sould be. How do I access the questionaire that will
              > give me an eating schedule?

            • eagleswings311
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 30, 2007
                I am a 59 year old divorce, retired, working part-time, who has no
                support, living alone, with a need to lose 40-50 pounds quickly. I
                have tried practically every kind of diet that there is, and I just
                can't seem to get it right. The only kind of exercise I can do is
                walk, due to some medical issues. In the part of the country where I
                live, it rains frequently, and it gets very hot, which causes a
                problem to walk outside, including dodging the neighbor's pets that
                are not fenced in.
                Due to the intense loneliness and isolation of being my age, with a
                small circle of friends (many of whom have spouses/grown kids/grand
                kids), I just don't fit in anywhere. I know my attitude is not good,
                but what is someone like me to do?
                A few weeks ago, my family suffered a tragedy, in the form of a
                suicide, which is the second one in our family. Also, the man I was
                seeing, walked away, without so much as a hint that he was unhappy,
                and needed to leave.
                I have been making the mistake of using food as solace. I am in a new
                relationship now, one that I hope with all, my heart works. I am tired
                of failing.
                I have not written this to get pity. This is not a sob story. I want
                to make the necessary changes, but I need help.

                Thank you for allowing me to vent.
              • betsy standish
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2007
                  you are at the right place to vent.  you also can be strong enough to lose the weight.  prayer is a good place to start.  meditation is another that you can incorporate in your life.  with all these things and sticking with all of us here, you can't go wrong.  no one likes being lonely , alone , or sad in anyway.  hobbies are also good for the mind.  first thing you need to do, is tell yourself "i will lose the weight"   second of all say to yourself  "i like myself, i am a good person, and i will lose the weight"  every morning and all throughout the day say  "thank you God for all that i do have and for watching over me.  "  thank you for being my savior.     this group of people , everyone here has this belief.  everyone here cares.   get back to us all,  ask whatever question you may have.   and welcome.   betsy_standish@...

                  eagleswings311 <eagleswings311@...> wrote:
[...]

                  Check out the latest from Special K that can help you stay on track throughout your day: http://www.specialk.com/index.html?id=products&page=new

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • eagleswings311@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2007
                    Thank you. I have tried practically everything else, I will try this too
                  • Grace
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2007
                      I am sick and tired of this dieting thing.. any advice???
                    • Bob
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 12, 2007
                        It DOES get old trying to diet Grace. I guess maybe a good way to look
                        at it is that what you really need to do is make a fundemental change
                        in how you do things, rather than just temporarily doing something to
                        take weight off that you're going to put back on again.

                        I'm at a plateau right now, for a couple of reasons I think, but the
                        biggest is that I haven't changed my habits enough to take off more
                        weight. The changes I've made in my diet so far are holding fairly firm
                        as I'm pretty much holding steady at the 10 pound loss I've had so far.

                        So OBVIOUSLY I need to make another slight adjustment here if the loss
                        is going to continue. :)

                        Realzing that to get good results is going to take TIME is the biggest
                        hurdle is important.

                        The weight didn't go on overnight, and it's going to come off slowly.
                      • mhammontree@lib.brenau.edu
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 8, 2008
                          Ok, I didn't think this would be difficult but this is day 1 and so far so good. I got up this morning and ate a little cereal, I used 2% though cause I can't stand skim. I had a snack bar a few hours later and I had a meal bar for lunch. I haven't had another snack bar cause it's only 1:00 but I ate a handful of almonds and I am STARVING. I had a glass of V-8 Fusion but I feel like I'm ready to chew my arm off.

                          Is this normal? I am SO very hungry.
                        • scuttle2301@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 9, 2008
                            Melanie,

                            It's not just you. I just started on Wednesday & I am the exact same way. I think it takes some getting used to. I had to eat real food today for lunch because I couldn't stand being hungry anymore. Gotta get back on track tomorrow.

                            Anyone else out there having troubles staying on track?
                          • daniellechsblue@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 24, 2008
                              My name is Danielle and when i first started my plan i was 249 now i think i am 235 i want ot lose more weight what can i dooooo??
                            • amylou01@rocketmail.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 27, 2009
                                I HAVE REALLY GONE OFF THE WAGON AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME CAN'T SEEM TO GET BACK ON TRACK!!! I NEED ALL THE HELP AND TIPS THAT YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME. BEING "50" HAS REALLY CHANGED MY BODY AND HOW IT REACTS TO THINGS!!
                                LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL THE SUGGESTIONS!
                              • betsy standish
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 28, 2009
                                  Hi Amy, Dont' get discouraged.  being 50 is the menopause years,  it will be a difficult task to get the weight off and the thing to do is not get discouraged..  fight back , get tough,  dont' eat junk food, or sodas,  or sugar or hydrogenated oiled food.  or white flour products or noodles and pasta unless they are whole wheat pasta or brown rice.  switching to whole grains can make a big difference. and portion control is a must.
                                  Also never skips the meals and dont' skip breakfast.
                                  I personally eat fruit for breakfast and coffee with lowfat milk and no sugar.  i find that eating more fruits , veggies and lean proteins really makes a difference.   Red meat has a tendency to make us women gain at this age, so stick to more chicken , fish, turkey,  some lean pork in moderation.  Any other questions I may be able to help you.
                                  I am 55yrs.old and have done the menopause thing early in life so.  I know what works and what doesn't.    Good luck,  hang tough girl and exercise, exercise, exercise
                                  Betsy