Hello!

  • lovemysoldier2003
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello, ladies (and gents if any),

      My name is Dorothy and I am 25 years old. I am the mother of 3
      beautiful little girls and the wife of an US soldier. All of them
      are part of my story in that I have pushed myself aside to make sure
      that they are everything that they want to be.

      I sat watching the television today and saw the Special K
      commercial. I had this lightbulb go. I knew that if I could start a
      program knowing that there were other women just like me with
      support, I could lose the "baby fat."

      I was always a "thick" chick, but after the birth of my last
      daughter I grew to almost 200 pounds. I cry sitting here thinking of
      my teen years, the cheerleaser, volleyballer, track star and
      couldn't imagine me having to do this. I never thought I would be
      this big. I know that I need to get healthy for myself, but also for
      my girls. I want my girls to know that you are beautiful no matter
      what, but being overweight and obese are different.

      I come here to support and be supported through my first 6 punds. I
      take a vow to be HEALTHY and not SKINNY.

      All comments are welcome.
    • regina mitchell
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 2, 2007
        HOORAY FOR YOU. mother of one 5yr old might as well be 2 LOL have lost 11lbs and loving it best of luck to you.

        IF I SENT IT TO U I CARE ABOUT YOU
      • sp111856
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 7, 2007
          Hello everyone!

          My name is Sue and I live just outside of Little Rock, AR. I just
          joined the Group today and hope to have success with it to lose the
          45 lbs I need to lose!

          I gained 30 lbs in the past 3 years that we've lived in Little Rock.
          I work out of my home for a company in Chicago (where we are from);
          between working at home and living in a city/state I absolutely hate
          I have packed on the pounds. I am 50 years old, have insulin-
          dependent diabetes, have thyroid disease and had a kidney transplant
          7 years ago.

          I look forward to communicating with all of you! If there is anyone
          out there who has diabetes or kidney disease (or has had a trans-
          plant), please contact me and let me know how you've managed to lose
          weight!

          Talk to you soon!
          Sue
        • jrgbar_06
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 21, 2008
            My name is Jen I plan to start the special K diet tomorrow! Im excited! I'm 19 and I really need to loose weight. I'm 5' 4" and weigh 185 lbs. It's depressing. I plan to get back down to 135 lbs. I have some questions if anyone could help me I thank you.
          • xmandee17x@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 22, 2008
              Hi Jen,

              I was just reading through the blogs on this site, and decided to see how you were doing with your special K challenge? I started on Monday Jan. 14th so a total of 8 days so far and its probably the only diet i have actually stuck to! I dont get those crazy cravings for Mcdonalds like i used to which is nice!!!

              Our goal weight is about the same so maybe we could help eachother out! i sure hope to hear from you soon! and if not, well good luck in everything! :)

              Amanda

            • slimmingdownjamers@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 20, 2008
                Hello! I am new to the Special K Challenge. I'm 24 and in the almost 6 years since I have graduated from High School I have put on close to 42 extra pounds. I have in the past tried to lose the weight but I've had trouble staying motivated. I'm hoping that this challenge helps me lose at least some of the weight. I have two dogs that insist on at least one walk a day that will help me lose some more.
              • joyandpeace5@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 20, 2008
                  Hi I am new also to the special K Challenge. I need to lose at least fifty pounds. I don't like to walk alone.I 'm tying to encourage my husband to walk with me. If we stick with special K challenge we will lose the weight.
                • amanda_is_rad_yo@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 17, 2008
                    Hi! I am going to be starting this diet on Friday I am 23 years old and I was wondering how some of you have faired on the diet. I am kind of skeptical but, then again I have tried everything else and it seems as though nothing is working. I was looking for a buddy in the nc area! If you would like to talk please add my yahoo messenger even if your not from nc i would like to get to know more people thanks alot! My yahoo id is : amanda_is_rad_yo
                  • lilapplechick23@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 19, 2008
                      Hi I am a 25 year old mother of a 4 year old daughter. I am also a full time Nursing student. There isn't a whole lot of time in my schedule to even think about loosing weight but I really want to feel better about myself. I currently weigh 175 and would love to get back down to 145-150. I am going to WV next month to visit my fiance's family and would love to loose another 10-15 lbs. So here I go!
                    • valerie powell
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 19, 2008
                        A Big Welcome, 2 loose around the waist try wearing a workout belt that makes u sweat whether ur walkin, standin, sittin
                      • evanescent_lightt
                        Message 11 of 28 , Aug 2, 2008
                          I am starting this diet tomorrow

                          I am 5'6'' and 168 lbs

                          My goal weight is to get back down to 140 wish me luck ^_^
                        • ngozi horsfall
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 4, 2008
                            i wish u good luck.i am starting this week.wish me luck too.

                            --- On Sat, 8/2/08, evanescent_lightt <Evanescentlightt@...> wrote:
                            My goal weight is to get back down to 140 wish me luck ^_^
                          • sespaulding
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 7, 2008
                              Hi Dorothy,
                              We are hear to support you!! While I don't have any children, I am
                              25 years old also and have, in the past, been in the position of
                              needing to lose a significant amount of weight. I completely agree
                              with your comment about your daughters' beauty....
                              I would be more than happy to be buddies with you and check in
                              daily.. My first goal is 6 pounds as well.
                              I look forward to hearing from you,
                              Stephanie

                              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "lovemysoldier2003"
                              <lovemysoldier2003@...> wrote:
                              > I come here to support and be supported through my first 6 punds. I
                              > take a vow to be HEALTHY and not SKINNY.

                            • Chris
                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 10, 2008
                                I am chris.I have been half following the program.And started walking
                                alot.I have lost a few pounds.I am going to start back on it strating
                                Mon.Dose anyone know why they dont make the powder mix for your water
                                in the mixed bery flavor? I like to had the powder mix to my water
                                while at work.I really like the mixed berry flavor but they dont have
                                it in our walmart??
                              • ladysilent1619
                                Message 15 of 28 , Aug 26, 2008
                                  Hi every one my name is Jessica and I'm new to the special K diet, so I
                                  don't know were to start or how it works if some one could give me some
                                  ideas it be great!
                                • deadgrllivin
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Oct 2, 2008
                                    I plan on starting the challenge(I refuse to call it a diet, I
                                    prefer to think of it as me challenging my self) on the 11th.

                                    My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
                                    have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
                                    focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.

                                    My goal is to loose between 15 and 20 pounds in a month or so.

                                    Thank you, and hello!

                                    -Mel
                                  • Destiny Simon
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Oct 3, 2008
                                      Hay Mel
                                      I too have a back problem , and have found walking is great and you can walk as slow as you need to . I allso am trying the contor belt that stimulates your stomach to strengthen it. I'm hoping it works.
                                      Destiny

                                      My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
                                      have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
                                      focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.
                                    • Linda
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Oct 5, 2008
                                        Hi!
                                        I'm not calling it a diet either. I am a member of SparkPeople and Wellness360, that's what got me motivated to do the Special K. When Kellogg's had their Back-To-School rebate last month, that's when I went out and bought all the cereal to get started. I don't have any other products from that line.
                                        Anyhow, I've always been a big soda pop drinker. I am done w/ it now, as of 2 weeks ago. I figure that I drank over 1000 calories a day, just in soda. So I'm hoping to see some results soon.
                                        Linda

                                        --- On Thu, 10/2/08, deadgrllivin <coffeeefreek@...> wrote:

                                        I plan on starting the challenge(I refuse to call it a diet, I
                                        prefer to think of it as me challenging my self) on the 11th.
                                      • joann ramos
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Oct 6, 2008
                                          hey linda
                                          Iam also  member of spark ppl how is that going for u?  I don't log on enugh!  Pls let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try it just seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed. thanks

                                          In His hands,

                                          Joann L. Ramos

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Oct 6, 2008
                                            Are you a soda (pop) drinker? I have been a heavy soda pop drinker for about 20 years. My rheumatologist, says the way my hands look, it looks like my kidneys will be the first thing to go. So, I made up my mind, that I would stop drinking soda, about 2 weeks ago. I figure that has to free up 1000 calories a day for me, which should help me lose weight. Since I stopped drinking the soda, I don't have as much swelling everywhere in my body. I eat my Special K for breakfast, eat really well at lunch, because the food where I work is really good, and then usually have something light at dinner, or a regular dinner. Sometimes I just eat a bowl of Special K, if I'm not too hungry. This way, I can eat something healthy,  w/o feeling guilty. Oh, and I'm drinking mostly water. I also have tea at breakfast for the caffeine, so I don't get the withdrawal headaches.
                                            Linda

                                            --- On Mon, 10/6/08, joann ramos <joannlynne2@...> wrote:
                                            let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try itjust seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed. thanks
                                          • linda ramos
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Oct 7, 2008
                                              Hi Joann,
                                              It's going great, I lost 4lbs. in four days.Ramos, that's my maiden name. What I did, I bought a small dress and have it hanging down my window. Also, I have two kids to think about, have to stay healthy.
                                              Linda

                                              --- On Mon, 10/6/08, joann ramos <joannlynne2@...> wrote:
                                              Pls let me know how this works for you the special k, I wanna try it just seems kinda hard to me. I got 25 to loosed.
                                            • katie_michelle77
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Oct 8, 2008
                                                I am going to find a size 12 jeans and hang them in my window!This is
                                                the best idea ever! Thank you so much!

                                                ________________
                                                > What I did, I bought a small dress and have it hanging down my
                                                window. Also, I have two kids to think about, have to stay healthy.
                                                > Linda

                                              • Vivien Powell
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Oct 8, 2008
                                                  I did this and have it hanging on my closet door so I see it everytime I am in my room. I was also thinking about getting a picture of myself now to put on the fridge so when I feel like a craving I see the picture and it will give me the strength to close the fridge. We will see if it actually works though.

                                                  katie_michelle77 <katie_michelle77@...> wrote: I am going to find a size 12 jeans and hang them in my window!This is
                                                  the best idea ever! Thank you so much!

                                                • kathleenrray
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Oct 9, 2008
                                                    i just got an abrocket thing it is easy and works fairly well. Maybe
                                                    that could help...

                                                    renea

                                                    --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "deadgrllivin" <coffeeefreek@...>
                                                    wrote:
                                                    >> My big hang-up is trying to find easy exercises to do at home. I
                                                    > have bad back problems, and regular sit-ups are out. I'm trying to
                                                    > focus on my tummy, rear and thighs.

                                                  • instrumelodies
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jan 20, 2009
                                                      I've been on the special k diet before and did pretty well, then the
                                                      holidays came and there all my hard work went, right out the window. so
                                                      since i'm giving it another and FINAL go, i was looking for buddies i
                                                      can keep in touch with. so we can help eachother, so thanks again
                                                      ladies!