Re: losing it

  • blue_haze61611
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hello! I previously went on the Special K diet which lead to a 40lb
      weight loss. It was my jump start and I would say the easiest diet I
      have been on! I'm doing it once again and here are a couple points that
      might help if you haven't tried...
      1)measure out your cereal in the morning-make sure you use skim or low
      fat milk
      2)On your 3rd meal of your choice, make good choices. I usually opt for
      a turkey wrap on a wheat wrap or Flat Out bread (which I HIGHLY
      recommend if you haven't tried it!). Maybe try a Healthy Choice meal,
      Lean Cusiene or South Beach frozen meal. Grilled meat and veggies are
      always a great low fat/cal/carb meal also. Keep a resonable portion
      going instead of gorging at the end of the day.
      3)Drink plenty of water and cut out sugar sodas, juices.
      4)For your snacks, opt for crunchy things that are healthy (ex. baby
      carrots). They helped me feel like I was snacking and it curved the
      hunger while making better choices.

      I hope some of these helped..it's what got me through it the first time
      and also going around on time 2! :)

      Goodluck! If you need a motivation buddy just let me know! :)

      Kristen

      --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "truckerswife731"
      <truckerswife731@...> wrote:

      > Hello;
      >
      > I am just curious about losing the weight. I have tried the diet
      > and I have gained 3 lbs. Is there something else that i need to do?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
        i heard that bioslim works good for losing weight

        <truckerswife731@...> wrote:

        > Hello;
        >
        > I am just curious about losing the weight. I have tried the diet
        > and I have gained 3 lbs. Is there something else that i need to do?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • M Vickery
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
          Have you really stuck to the plan? How long have you been doing it? Are you drinking plenty of water? Are you having too many calories for dinner?

          This plan does work, there are lots of people here who can testify to that

          Chris:
          (who doesn't believe in luck!)

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
            Truckerswife731,
            Are you watching the way you cook your dinners, and you late night
            eating. Please give the group an example of your day food intake and
            any working out. I find keeping a journal helps with food control and
            portion control. Portion control is the key. at dinner I have 3-4 oz of
            protein, 3-4 servings of veggies, 1 cup of raw and 1/2 cup of cooked
            each. And watch how you cook your veggies, steaming them is best. I
            always have a salad with my dinner also.
            hope this is helpful,
            Viki

            <truckerswife731@...> wrote:

            > Hello;
            >
            > I am just curious about losing the weight. I have tried the diet
            > and I have gained 3 lbs. Is there something else that i need to do?
            >
            > Thanks.

          • twobikes4us
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
              Jausgirl,
              Congrats on the big 6 lbs. How long did it take you, how much do you
              want to lose. Everybody here is so proud of you, You go!!!!!!
              Viki

              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "jausgirl" <jausgirl@...> wrote:

              > [:>] I am so excited I am now at a 6lb loss as you can remember when
              > started i was at 171 well i am now 165 and loving it it doeswork
              people
              > lets not quit you can do it and so can i 30-35 to go.

            • Robin Archie
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                I see alot of post about gaining weight on this program.

                I do want to point out for the ladies. If you are starting this program 2 weeks before your cycle you will be showing a weight gain, it won't be from what you are doing it will be from your monthly cycle. I've learned not to start a program until after the montly cycle has ended.

                The other thing that I personally have to be aware of is fruits. I had went to the doctors office one day and she wanted to do a blood test and asked if I ate anything that morning. I told her I had a coffee and piece of fruit and she let me have it, told me fruit isn't good for me if I want to loose weight. Here I thought I was doing good. Guess not.

                I too also have problems with eating on a schedule, boy am I not used to that. So what I am doing is when it's the in between time from a meal to a snack or snack to a meal. I have a bowl of cereal set aside, and besides drinking i will just take a few pieces of cereal and eat that. But I'm slowly breaking myself of the habit while doing it. When I get that feeling I know I have the bowl there if I want it, but I try to hold off on dipping into it. But I know it's there if I need it.

                Robin A, IL
                God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

                www.OldFashionDreams.com
                www.stuffafriend.biz/members/robin
                my.tupperware.com/ROBINA
              • diannev_86
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Does this diet realy work?
                  how long did it take u to loose the 6lbs?

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Using pills is not a good idea.  We all need to learn to eat sensibly and lose our excess weight in a healthy way.

                    Chris
                    (Who doesn't believe in luck!)

                    <truckerswife731@...> wrote:

                    > Hello;
                    >
                    > I am just curious about losing the weight.  I have tried the diet
                    > and I have gained 3 lbs.  Is there something else that i need to do?
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        mailto:SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        mailto:SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • M Vickery
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                      Fruit isn't good if you want to lose weight?????.

                      That's a new one on me!! Fruit is low in calories but has the bulk to fill you. Almost half my shopping each week is fruit. I have eaten 7 pieces of fruit today. Perhaps you can explain why I am losing weight!!!

                      .
                      Chris
                      (Who doesn't believe in luck!)

                      The other thing that I personally have to be aware of is fruits.
                    • darci.martin
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                        Thank you for the tips. This is the first time I have ever tried a
                        diet, so I am very scared. I want to look beautiful for my wedding.
                        Motovation for me is key. I usually don't keep it for long. So i
                        will more than likely be writing again.

                        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "blue_haze61611"
                        <blue_haze61611@...> wrote:

                        > here are a couple points that might help if you haven't tried...
                      • typauldo
                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 1, 2007
                          Do you have to use skim milk?---
                        • sexy_leggz_05
                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                            well i think you should because i was reading that it is the reduction
                            in fat that makes you lose. So you probably could use 2%, but it would
                            be as beneficial as skim.

                            ---------------

                            do i have to drink skim milk?
                          • bjones162007
                            Message 13 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                              i just started so i hopeing for the best results !
                            • help40cat
                              Message 14 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                                --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "bjones162007"
                                <bjones162007@...> wrote:

                                > i just started so i hopeing for the best results !

                                good luck too you
                              • Wendy
                                Message 15 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                                  eating alot of fruit is not good if you are type 2 diabetic like
                                  myself. they are full of sugars and my dietian told me to watch how
                                  much fruit or fruit juice i drink.

                                  minute made has a new OJ out that is 1/2 the sugar of their reg
                                  juices that i get, and i only drink two glasses a week.

                                  btw, name is wendy, sorry, i was diagnosed w/type 2 diabetes in late
                                  november. i'm on metformin and trying to loose weight and exersice
                                  more, and watch what i'm eating.

                                  have a great weekend,
                                  wendy

                                  --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "M Vickery"
                                  <chris.vickery44@...> wrote:

                                  > Fruit isn't good if you want to lose weight?????.
                                  >
                                  > That's a new one on me!! Fruit is low in calories but has the bulk
                                  to fill you. Almost half my shopping each week is fruit. I have
                                  eaten 7 pieces of fruit today. Perhaps you can explain why I am
                                  losing weight!!!

                                  > .
                                  > Chris
                                  > (Who doesn't believe in luck!)
                                  >

                                  > The other thing that I personally have to be aware of is fruits.

                                • regina mitchell
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                                    the only time fruit is not totally good for you is if you are a diabetic because certain fruits are higher in sugars than others you are supposed to have 5 fruits a day in your basic food group chart. so if you want to learn more about fruits you can check out a site which I found very easy to navigate through is www.thefruitpages.com. good looking to you.
                                  • M Vickery
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
                                      OK Wendy, that makes sense, you didn't tell us that you are diabetic.

                                      Chris
                                      (who doesn't believe in luck!)

                                    • DDEENIE65@AOL.COM
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 3, 2007
                                        Chris,
                                            I agree with you. I am starting to buy more fruits. I also heard eating a lot of veggies & fruit is good for you when losing weight. HUGS DIANE WILT