new to group hello/ smoking cessation

  • MzKynd
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2009
      Hello everyone :) i am new to the group, mainly just a lurker, but i am jumping in to say hello and put my two cents in about smoking cessation. I have been smoking for 20 years, tried to quit numerous times to no avail. lately me and my hubby have been noticing that we haven't been feeling good, he was talking to someone at work about symptoms and she asked him if he smoked, proceeded to tell him how cigs now have carpet glue in them.(to make them firesafe) of course i have known that smoking was causing ill health effects but after reading up on it, it has helped both of us to quit with more determination. Thought i would share the info here for those who had been trying or thinking of quitting.
      here is a link  to the info if anyone wants to read up on it .
    • Rita M
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2009
        welcome aboard!!! thanks for the insight!!!

        Hello everyone :) i am new to the group, mainly just a lurker, but i am jumping in to say hello and put my two cents in about smoking cessation. I have been smoking for 20 years, tried to quit numerous times to no avail. lately me and my hubby have been noticing that we haven't been feeling good, he was talking to someone at work about symptoms and she asked him if he smoked, proceeded to tell him how cigs now have carpet glue in them.(to make them firesafe) of course i have known that smoking was causing ill health effects but after reading up on it, it has helped both of us to quit with more determination. Thought i would share the info here for those who had been trying or thinking of quitting.
        here is a link  to the info if anyone wants to read up on it .

      • betsy standish
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2009
          the Nicoderm CQ was the way my husband and I quit and it was the best thing we every did,  just wish we had done it sooner.   but by the grace of god we will stay in good health since it has now been almost 15 yrs. since we quit.    any type of chemical inhaled is not good for us.  Even chemicals from bleach and other house hold cleaning chemicals,, they are also not good for our pets. so the best thing we can all do is stay away from anything hazzardous and go green.  For ourselves and for the environment.