Re: [SpecialKgroup] Re: Question about Minerals

  • Angela Nurse
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
      This is a prime example of what concerns me with personal trainers. Extra protein by way of "protein powders & bars' etc can be very harmful to people. Gout, Kidney stones, arthritis etc can all become worse...
      My client list is really long right now because of people coming in with digestive issues, bloating, gas, heart burn, low energy etc. They're frustrated because they want to lose weight and are being told to "eat more protein and you'll build muscle and speed up your metabolism".
      Unfortunately metabolism is set and it only declines as we age.
      I really don't mean to be harsh I'm just trying to help people prevent injury.

      From: Pearl <pearlsoflove@...>

      Try to stop eating period before bed. My trainer told me that as my metabolism rises, I will start burning more energy. This has started to work for me. I have increased my protein intake. He has me on a strict diet. 40% protein, 40% Carbs, 20% fat. I was 230lb and for my height I should be 170lb. I lost 23 lbs so far and I eat like a pig. Okay it felt like I was eating like a pig. He upped my calories to 2300 and added 600 more calories on my workout days. The 600 he said is needed to burn off during the workout. I do what Alida says, eat smaller meals more often. I have protein drinks with me at all times.