Re: [SpecialKgroup] Need a Harlem Weight loss Buddy

  • Laura Golar
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 30, 2009
      I never heard of that ...except maybe the sugar in the honey is used for energy?
      PLEASE tell me more...
      I heard that 2 tablespoons of apple cider vingar in the morning with water was supposed to help ..........
      since...I was a yo-yo dieter...I stck to the SPecial K plan since it is balanced
      laura from ny

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 30, 2009
        Can you tell me how honey? Thanks I am interested in losing too but I live in Missouri a ways from Manhattan.

        IN a early morning in empty stomach drink honey with hot water and do some exercise. If you do this you can lose the weight and you can see the result

        > I am trying to lose 40 pounds and its quite hard trying to
        > do it on my own. I am looking for a buddy who is also trying
        > to lose weight. I am located in NYC, in the Morningside
        > Heights/Harlem section of Manhattan. If anyone is interested
        > please let me know.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Nia

        >     SpecialKgroup- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

        The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo. com/

      • Alida Muller
        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
          Hi,my name is Alida.Im in SA and just started myself with the weight loss....
          maybe we can support each other over the net.Just stay strong,i weent thrue a divorce
          and its realy bad.Have a GREAT day.

          ALIDA

          I am trying to lose 40 pounds and its quite hard trying to do it on my own. I am looking for a buddy who is also trying to lose weight. I am located in NYC, in the Morningside Heights/Harlem section of Manhattan. If anyone is interested please let me know.

          Thank you,
          Nia

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
              SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • betsy standish
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
            Hi Jessica,  you have to have a plan and stick with it,  that goes with exercise and diet combined.  cutting out all jusk food for a long time.  and having only a little now and then once you've reached your goal weight.  it isn't easy for sure and it does take commitment and lots and lots of will power.   Have lots of fruits and fresh veggies to snack on when you get the urge to want to eat anything bad.
            Never eat more calories than you burn.  find out what your calorie amt should be for your height, and what you should weight , then focus on small increments at a time so you won't break your way to your goal. to lose the weight eat 100-200 calories less than the recommended amt. and you should lose.   Remember exercise and diet work hand in hand.  you are what you eat.  and it takes work.  but everyone here can help you keep focused.  Good luck.  Hank tough girl you can do it.

            From: betsy standish <betsy_standish@...>
            To: SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 11:27 PM

            I personally don't do the special k diet cause I cannot have any white flour products, but one thing I will tell you is if you eliminate all the junk food and junk drinks and sugar from your diet  you'd be quite amazed how much weight you'll lose .  And exercising of course is a must , both cardio and weight resistant exercises are needed to complete the weight loss regimen.. YOU CAN DO IT>   JUST STAY STRONG>
            Its okay to fail now and then.. just get back up and start all over again.

            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
              i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny
            • Rita M
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 2, 2009
                I quit smoking five years ago and even now I still crave it. Best thing to do (this worked for me)  is to keep a journal of the timing/frequency of the cravings and substitute with something else. Rather than fighting the urge write it down and ask yourself (why am I craving this? is it a habit? is it boredom? is it anxiety? am I depressed, angry, emotional, happy, etc.?).
                Learning to identify the emotional reasons behind the cravings will help create awareness. Once you are aware of the triggers you can find healthy substitutions (e.g. deep breathing, altoids, exercize, remind yourself why you quit and be flexible).
                Addictions (let it be food, drugs, cigarettes) are hard to break but awareness and persistance can help...
                Good Luck!!!

                i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

              • talkygirl46
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 2, 2009
                  Hi
                  Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                  take care

                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 3, 2009
                    Get the Nicoderm CQ, it really works , the power to calm the power to quit,  and it's alot easier than trying to fight the urges.  this gets you past all of these emotions. and it works. My husband and I used to smoke 3 packs a day.  the Nicoderm CQ helped us quit without the cravings.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 3, 2009
                      Nicoderm CQ.  the best way to quit.  for sure.  Have quit and haven't smoked for 15 yrs now. the best thing we ever could have done.  Don't worry about the inititial weight gain, you can lose that with hard work and determination.  Quitting smoking is much harder.  so if you get the Nicoderm CQ I guarantee you will quit.

                      Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                      take care

                      --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Gause <kellygause1@...> wrote:

                      > i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight  and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • ¤AnnA¤
                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                        Awesome post y`all
                        Thanks
                        Kisses
                        AnnA

                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                          yes suree it's a no fail way to quit. your lungs will thank you.

                          Nicoderm CQ.  the best way to quit.  for sure.  Have quit and haven't smoked for 15 yrs now. the best thing we ever could have done.  Don't worry about the inititial weight gain, you can lose that with hard work and determination.  Quitting smoking is much harder.  so if you get the Nicoderm CQ I guarantee you will quit.

                          Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                          take care

                          --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Gause <kellygause1@...> wrote:

                          > i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight  and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                              SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • islam said
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                            good mornning
                            let me say one way to be as you wish yust walking for ----- daily  duering the day other wise injoy your life without suger,
                            have anice day.
                            islam said
                            egypt-cairo

                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                              Oh yes Hun
                              I started smoking when I was 10,my mom would send me to get cigs at store
                              for her,she smoked around me,so I guess I caught on to it til 12years
                              later I decided to quit
                              I was working out with Denise Austin TV show fitness trainer daily,losing
                              weight feeling great,and I had all this energy but I didn't feel I had lung
                              capacity to breathe to do high energy aerobics
                              So I decided to quit,seeing how my mother never took good care of herself,..
                              .and if I CAN do it Anyone can!!!!!...chewed a lot of gum
                              I always felt working out helps with my Will Power Sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

                              Have a great day lovelies

                              XO
                              AnnA
                              yes suree it's a no fail way to quit. your lungs will thank you.

                              ---
                            • Kelly Gause
                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                thankyou for advice its hard to work out so i walk alot in alot of pain arthritise

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  so PROUD OF YOU!!

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                    Me too!!! Keep up the good work!!! Rita

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                      Do as much as you feel confortable and remember don't over exert yourself!!! Rita

                                      thankyou for advice its hard to work out so i walk alot in alot of pain arthritise

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 7, 2009
                                        Hi Ann, you are lucky you didn't smoke too long.  My mom used to smoke too and allowed me to smoke.. I had started when I was 15 yrs. old and didn't quit until I was 41  wished that I had quit sooner.  but my lungs seem to be okay.  some days I have trouble especially on hot  humid days and of course if I haven't worked my lungs by exercising which does help a lot.   I just hope the lungs are like new again.   I'm 55 yrs old now soon to be 56 in March.  But because I exercise it does the world of good for me and I love it.
                                        Betsy

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Dec 7, 2009
                                          Get the glucosamine , chondroinin with Msm.  and still keep on exercising.  it should help lubricate the bones and joints.  and yes working out takes a lot of effort but in the long run it is worth it.