advice plz

  • maria
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 28, 2009
      I've try so many ways to loose pounds... But I can't, does the special K really work and what's the best way to make ot work.... Thanks
    • Becky Harlow
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2009
        Maria, I am struggling as well, and this isn't the first time in my life.  One thing that has helped me this go-round is becoming a member of Spark People.  It is the most incredible website I have ever found, and best of all, it is absolutely free.  Give yourself some time to familiarize yourself with their multitude of tools and resources, and don't hesitate to use their help button when you need to.  The members are also tremendously supportive, and their encouragement has been invaluable to me.  Try it--I guarantee you will love it!  And you can keep doing the Special K diet right along with Spark's suggestions.  Best of luck, and try to put up a mental red stop sign when a negative thought tries to invade your thoughts!  Happy Holidays!  (And I know this is old, but since it's the holidays, it is a good reminder: Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!  Not even holiday goodies!)

        Sincerely,
        Señora Rebecca (Becky) Harlow
        Maestra de Español y de ESL
        --- On Sun, 11/29/09, maria <mtamayo13@...> wrote:
        I've try so many ways to loose pounds... But I can't, does the special K really work and what's the best way to make ot work.... Thanks
      • Rita M
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2009
          as long as you stick to the plan it works...I lost 10 lbs. so far....

        • Kimi
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
            I am a little new to this group.  10 pound loss is cool.  So what is the plan if I may ask?

            Kimberly
            as long as you stick to the plan it works...I lost 10 lbs. so far....

          • Pearl
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
              I've had success with my new coach. He did a body mass index (i think I wrote it correctly). I had to increase my calories then ad more calories to supply me with energy to get through my work out. It's working so far. I have another week to go then I switch from high protein to high carbs. When I first started with him I couldn't do any pull ups and three sit ups. I'm up to fifteen pull up and 28 sit ups. He put me on a full program and I can track every little bit of food I eat. I makes me think twice about what I put into my mouth when I have to enter it on the website. It tells me how many calories and how much fat is in it before I eat it. I've cut out the bad stuff because of it. My daughter is now on the same eating program too. SHe saw the results and joined in. She hasn't worked out with me. She says it's too extreme. LOL!!!!
              So Becky and Maria, DO YOUR BEST!!! FORGET THE REST!!! That's what my trainer tells me ALL THE TIME.

              Pearl

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
                a Special K for breakfast and another one for lunch, ots of water, and a hearty soup for dinner...the water really helps as it makes me feel full and less likely to overindulge...I am an emotional binge eater so I catch myself...I hope this helps and Good Luck!!!

                I am a little new to this group.  10 pound loss is cool.  So what is the plan if I may ask?

                Kimberly
                as long as you stick to the plan it works...I lost 10 lbs. so far....

              • betsy standish
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
                  So glad to hear you have a coach and are doing well.  Smart move,  and good words to listen to.   In this case eating more is the key to a healthy weight loss. Keep up the good work gal.

                  I've had success with my new coach.  He did a body mass index (i think I wrote it correctly). I had to increase my calories then ad more calories to supply me with energy to get through my work out.  It's working so far.  I have another week to go then I switch from high protein to high carbs.  When I first started with him I couldn't do any pull ups and three sit ups. I'm up to fifteen pull up and 28 sit ups.  He put me on a full program and I can track every little bit of food I eat.  I makes me think twice about what I put into my mouth when I have to enter it on the website. It tells me how many calories and how much fat is in it before I eat it. I've cut out the bad stuff because of it. My daughter is now on the same eating program too.  SHe saw the results and joined in. She hasn't worked out with me.  She says it's too extreme. LOL!!!!
                  So Becky and Maria, DO YOUR BEST!!!  FORGET THE REST!!! That's what my trainer tells me ALL THE TIME.

                  Pearl

                  --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Becky Harlow <hrebeccalouise@...> wrote:

                  > Maria, I am struggling as well, and this isn't the first time in my life.  One thing that has helped me this go-round is becoming a member of Spark People.  It is the most incredible website I have ever found, and best of all, it is absolutely free.  Give yourself some time to familiarize yourself with their multitude of tools and resources, and don't hesitate to use their help button when you need to.  The members are also tremendously supportive, and their encouragement has been invaluable to me.  Try it--I guarantee you will love it!  And you can keep doing the Special K diet right along with Spark's suggestions.  Best of luck, and try to put up a mental red stop sign when a negative thought tries to invade your thoughts!  Happy Holidays!  (And I know this is old, but since it's the holidays, it is a good reminder: Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!  Not even holiday goodies!)
                  >

                  > Sincerely,
                  > Señora Rebecca (Becky) Harlow
                  > Maestra de Español y de ESL
                  > --- On Sun, 11/29/09, maria <mtamayo13@...> wrote:
                  > I've try so many ways to loose pounds... But I can't, does the special K really work and what's the best way to make ot work.... Thanks

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • ¤AnnA¤
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2009
                    RITA    Thanks Hun for sharing your info Hun
                    It really helps me on my path
                    Xxxx AnnA

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 4, 2009
                      Welcome!!! I know we are in this together!!!