Re: [SpecialKgroup] HELP

  • betsy standish
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 28, 2009
      Hi Amy, Dont' get discouraged.  being 50 is the menopause years,  it will be a difficult task to get the weight off and the thing to do is not get discouraged..  fight back , get tough,  dont' eat junk food, or sodas,  or sugar or hydrogenated oiled food.  or white flour products or noodles and pasta unless they are whole wheat pasta or brown rice.  switching to whole grains can make a big difference. and portion control is a must.
      Also never skips the meals and dont' skip breakfast.
      I personally eat fruit for breakfast and coffee with lowfat milk and no sugar.  i find that eating more fruits , veggies and lean proteins really makes a difference.   Red meat has a tendency to make us women gain at this age, so stick to more chicken , fish, turkey,  some lean pork in moderation.  Any other questions I may be able to help you.
      I am 55yrs.old and have done the menopause thing early in life so.  I know what works and what doesn't.    Good luck,  hang tough girl and exercise, exercise, exercise
      Betsy