Re:NEED HELP

  • amy brooks
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 27, 2009
      I HAVE SIGNED UP LONG AGO AND FELL OFF THE WAGON AND NEED TO GET BACK ON!!! SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A DIET SAMPLE TO GO BY TO GET ME STARTED!!
    • Denise
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 28, 2009
        Good morning,
        Try eating 1 cup of each food that you want to eat for about 1week and try to write down what you eat each day and try to walk for 10 to 20min a day.

        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, amy brooks <amylou01@...> wrote:

        > I HAVE SIGNED UP LONG AGO AND FELL OFF THE WAGON AND NEED TO GET BACK ON!!! SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A DIET SAMPLE TO GO BY TO GET ME STARTED!!

      • betsy standish
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 28, 2009
          I personally don't do the special k diet cause I cannot have any white flour products, but one thing I will tell you is if you eliminate all the junk food and junk drinks and sugar from your diet  you'd be quite amazed how much weight you'll lose .  And exercising of course is a must , both cardio and weight resistant exercises are needed to complete the weight loss regimen.. YOU CAN DO IT>   JUST STAY STRONG>
          Its okay to fail now and then.. just get back up and start all over again.

          I HAVE SIGNED UP LONG AGO AND FELL OFF THE WAGON AND NEED TO GET BACK ON!!!  SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A DIET SAMPLE TO GO BY TO GET ME STARTED!!

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
              SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jessica Quiroz
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 28, 2009
            I need help because I start to lose weight and exercise and cut all the junk food out then a week later I start back up on gaining wait again and stop excerising and eating alot again I just dont know what to do

                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SpecialKgr oup/join
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                SpecialKgroup- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                SpecialKgroup- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          • Nia-Aesha Rose
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 28, 2009
              Greetings All,
              I am trying to lose 40 pounds and its quite hard trying to do it on my own. I am looking for a buddy who is also trying to lose weight. I am located in NYC, in the Morningside Heights/Harlem section of Manhattan. If anyone is interested please let me know.

              Thank you,
              Nia
            • Laura Golar
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 29, 2009
                I like what Denise just wrote about the cup BUT I would add lemon juice to water and keep a pitcher in your frig.... I learnt that from watching the Oprah show.. the bitter lemon cold seems to curve the desire or craves

                --- On Sat, 11/28/09, Denise <blssgd@...> wrote:
                Good morning,

                Try eating 1 cup of each food that you want to eat for about 1week and try to write down what you eat each day and try to walk for 10 to 20min a day.
              • Hasini Aries
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 29, 2009
                  IN a early morning in empty stomach drink honey with hot water and do some exercise. If you do this you can lose the weight and you can see the result

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 30, 2009
                    I never heard of that ...except maybe the sugar in the honey is used for energy?
                    PLEASE tell me more...
                    I heard that 2 tablespoons of apple cider vingar in the morning with water was supposed to help ..........
                    since...I was a yo-yo dieter...I stck to the SPecial K plan since it is balanced
                    laura from ny

                    IN a early morning in empty stomach drink honey with hot water and do some exercise. If you do this you can lose the weight and you can see the result

                    > I am trying to lose 40 pounds and its quite hard trying to
                    > do it on my own. I am looking for a buddy who is also trying
                    > to lose weight. I am located in NYC, in the Morningside
                    > Heights/Harlem section of Manhattan. If anyone is interested
                    > please let me know.
                    >
                    > Thank you,
                    > Nia

                    >     SpecialKgroup- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                    The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo. com/

                  • Laurie Woodall
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 30, 2009
                      Can you tell me how honey? Thanks I am interested in losing too but I live in Missouri a ways from Manhattan.

                      IN a early morning in empty stomach drink honey with hot water and do some exercise. If you do this you can lose the weight and you can see the result

                      > I am trying to lose 40 pounds and its quite hard trying to
                      > do it on my own. I am looking for a buddy who is also trying
                      > to lose weight. I am located in NYC, in the Morningside
                      > Heights/Harlem section of Manhattan. If anyone is interested
                      > please let me know.
                      >
                      > Thank you,
                      > Nia

                      >     SpecialKgroup- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                      The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo. com/

                    • Alida Muller
                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
                        Hi,my name is Alida.Im in SA and just started myself with the weight loss....
                        maybe we can support each other over the net.Just stay strong,i weent thrue a divorce
                        and its realy bad.Have a GREAT day.

                        ALIDA

                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
                          Hi Jessica,  you have to have a plan and stick with it,  that goes with exercise and diet combined.  cutting out all jusk food for a long time.  and having only a little now and then once you've reached your goal weight.  it isn't easy for sure and it does take commitment and lots and lots of will power.   Have lots of fruits and fresh veggies to snack on when you get the urge to want to eat anything bad.
                          Never eat more calories than you burn.  find out what your calorie amt should be for your height, and what you should weight , then focus on small increments at a time so you won't break your way to your goal. to lose the weight eat 100-200 calories less than the recommended amt. and you should lose.   Remember exercise and diet work hand in hand.  you are what you eat.  and it takes work.  but everyone here can help you keep focused.  Good luck.  Hank tough girl you can do it.

                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 1, 2009
                            i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny
                          • Rita M
                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 2, 2009
                              I quit smoking five years ago and even now I still crave it. Best thing to do (this worked for me)  is to keep a journal of the timing/frequency of the cravings and substitute with something else. Rather than fighting the urge write it down and ask yourself (why am I craving this? is it a habit? is it boredom? is it anxiety? am I depressed, angry, emotional, happy, etc.?).
                              Learning to identify the emotional reasons behind the cravings will help create awareness. Once you are aware of the triggers you can find healthy substitutions (e.g. deep breathing, altoids, exercize, remind yourself why you quit and be flexible).
                              Addictions (let it be food, drugs, cigarettes) are hard to break but awareness and persistance can help...
                              Good Luck!!!

                              i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

                            • talkygirl46
                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 2, 2009
                                Hi
                                Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                                take care

                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 3, 2009
                                  Get the Nicoderm CQ, it really works , the power to calm the power to quit,  and it's alot easier than trying to fight the urges.  this gets you past all of these emotions. and it works. My husband and I used to smoke 3 packs a day.  the Nicoderm CQ helped us quit without the cravings.

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 3, 2009
                                    Nicoderm CQ.  the best way to quit.  for sure.  Have quit and haven't smoked for 15 yrs now. the best thing we ever could have done.  Don't worry about the inititial weight gain, you can lose that with hard work and determination.  Quitting smoking is much harder.  so if you get the Nicoderm CQ I guarantee you will quit.

                                    Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                                    take care

                                    --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Gause <kellygause1@...> wrote:

                                    > i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight  and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

                                    <*> Your email settings:
                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                        SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                        SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  • ¤AnnA¤
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                                      Awesome post y`all
                                      Thanks
                                      Kisses
                                      AnnA

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Dec 4, 2009
                                        yes suree it's a no fail way to quit. your lungs will thank you.

                                        Nicoderm CQ.  the best way to quit.  for sure.  Have quit and haven't smoked for 15 yrs now. the best thing we ever could have done.  Don't worry about the inititial weight gain, you can lose that with hard work and determination.  Quitting smoking is much harder.  so if you get the Nicoderm CQ I guarantee you will quit.

                                        Keeping going you can do it. I drink lots of water when I get hungry.
                                        take care

                                        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Gause <kellygause1@...> wrote:

                                        > i quit smoking so its even harder to loose wheight  and late at night feeding how do i get over this craving during the day im fine night is hard i wake up wanting to eat whats the best exercise i do walk alot i try to stay busywhat else cold i do i get realyget depressed and descussted when i cant fit into myclothes i give up i have pain from arthrities its hard to do things but i do walk alotwhat else is there i look when i use to be skiny

                                        <*> Your email settings:
                                            Individual Email | Traditional

                                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                                        <*> To change settings via email:
                                            SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                            SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      • islam said
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                          good mornning
                                          let me say one way to be as you wish yust walking for ----- daily  duering the day other wise injoy your life without suger,
                                          have anice day.
                                          islam said
                                          egypt-cairo

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                            Oh yes Hun
                                            I started smoking when I was 10,my mom would send me to get cigs at store
                                            for her,she smoked around me,so I guess I caught on to it til 12years
                                            later I decided to quit
                                            I was working out with Denise Austin TV show fitness trainer daily,losing
                                            weight feeling great,and I had all this energy but I didn't feel I had lung
                                            capacity to breathe to do high energy aerobics
                                            So I decided to quit,seeing how my mother never took good care of herself,..
                                            .and if I CAN do it Anyone can!!!!!...chewed a lot of gum
                                            I always felt working out helps with my Will Power Sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

                                            Have a great day lovelies

                                            XO
                                            AnnA
                                            yes suree it's a no fail way to quit. your lungs will thank you.

                                            ---
                                          • Kelly Gause

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Dec 5, 2009
                                                so PROUD OF YOU!!

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                                  Me too!!! Keep up the good work!!! Rita

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Dec 6, 2009
                                                    Do as much as you feel confortable and remember don't over exert yourself!!! Rita

                                                    thankyou for advice its hard to work out so i walk alot in alot of pain arthritise

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Dec 7, 2009
                                                      Hi Ann, you are lucky you didn't smoke too long.  My mom used to smoke too and allowed me to smoke.. I had started when I was 15 yrs. old and didn't quit until I was 41  wished that I had quit sooner.  but my lungs seem to be okay.  some days I have trouble especially on hot  humid days and of course if I haven't worked my lungs by exercising which does help a lot.   I just hope the lungs are like new again.   I'm 55 yrs old now soon to be 56 in March.  But because I exercise it does the world of good for me and I love it.
                                                      Betsy

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Dec 7, 2009
                                                        Get the glucosamine , chondroinin with Msm.  and still keep on exercising.  it should help lubricate the bones and joints.  and yes working out takes a lot of effort but in the long run it is worth it.