Question about Minerals

  • ¤AnnA¤
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 19, 2009
      Hi Lovely people
      I was wondering if anyone knows what is considered mgs of taking High potency of Selenium and Zinc,zinc is only 5o. Mg a pill and the Selenium is 200. So I thought to take 400 mgs of Selenium and not sure of the other
      I can also call my pharmacist

      Well I have been losing my hair for 4 yrs now  .it is from too much unnecessary stress in my life.

      Thanks in advance for any replies
      Kisses
      AnnA
    • betsy standish
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 20, 2009
        Hi Anna,  Never take too many milligrams of any one vitamin, not safe.. You are better off just taking a Multivitamin daily and eating properly and doing your usual exercise  to help relieve stress.   If you are having stress problems , check out the sites for stress management groups in your area,  meditation, Yoga, etc.  It works wonders for sure . your body will benefit from it as well
        Things will get better for everyone at some point once this recession is over and we all have less problems.
        Betsy

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 20, 2009
          Thanks Hun for replying. Well I am going to add what is recommended for both extra minerals/elements...
          I asked the pharmacist,she told me if I needed any higher dose of either ,I would have gotten a prescription,I think I am going to ask my dermatologist,because this advice was from my shrink,I had to ask her too because she prescribed meds for me,and one of the side effects is hair-loss

          I am feeling really good and thank to you all that Participate here,I love ya for it
          I too have been losing inches like 6 inches.hehehe
           I would love to join a Yoga class,great idea.
          Or I could watch FitTv and record and do those that come on,that would cost nothing
          Just go to get myself into it as a habit.
          I really appreciate you ladies here..........
          Have a great evening,All =]
          XOXOXOX
          AnnA

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 21, 2009
            very unhappy whith my wheight nightely eating is the worse and couple days before my period
          • betsy standish
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 22, 2009
              Hi Ann, so glad you lost the weight,  and yes keep up on the right vitamins for sure,  it can't hurt as long as it is not in excess.  too much of anything is no good.  Definitely check out the yoga,  I've heard from many how they love it, it's great for the body and the mind as well. and it helps to elongate the muscles as well for a nice sleek long look.
              Keep in touch and keep up the good work.  we can all help each other in many areas.  that is why we are all here .
              Have a great day.
              Betsy

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
                HI KELLY,DON'T STOP EATING JUST TRY 2 EAT SMALLER PORSIONS,@ TRY 2 CUT
                OUT LITTLE BY LITTLE FAT @ LUXERY'S..WHEN U GET CRAVINGS EAT SMALL PEACES
                OF DARK CHOC..THAT HELPS @ R GOOD 4 U.
                HAVE A GREATE EVENING U ALL.

                KIND REGARDS
                ALIDA

                very unhappy whith my wheight nightely eating is the worse and couple days before my period

              • simplebaby2@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009
                  Hi all, am really enjoying this group. My weight is in order now but i developed this frustrating stretch marks that is really killing me especially as my wedding comes up in a month time,pls all how do i remove them from my body. Pls save a soul.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 23, 2009

                    Get those fruits and veggies in the house and take away the junk food and you'll be on the road to success.

                    very unhappy whith my wheight nightely eating is the worse and couple days before my period

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        SpecialKgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        SpecialKgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • John Libonati
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 25, 2009
                      Vitamin E is good for stretch marks - break open the gelcap and apply directly to the stretch marks at night. Also, be sure you are getting enough Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Both are critical for good tissue integrity. We see this issue a lot in celiac disease because people with it do not absorb their nutrients properly.

                      Hope this helps!

                      -John

                      John Libonati

                      ____________________________
                    • talkygirl46
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 29, 2009
                        Hi
                        Good for you in your weigh loss.A friend of mine recently told me that doing Tai Chi has helped with her stretch marks.Congrats on your upcoming wedding

                        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "simplebaby2@..." <simplebaby2@...> wrote:

                        > Hi all, am really enjoying this group. My weight is in order now but i developed this frustrating stretch marks that is really killing me especially as my wedding comes up in a month time,pls all how do i remove them from my body. Pls save a soul.

                      • Laura Golar
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 30, 2009
                          as an seasoned woman (meaning her 50s)
                          MEN DO NOT SEE STRETCH MARKS
                          repeat
                          MEN DO NOT SEE STRETCH MARKS
                          just enjoy
                          the new you
                          and do not make problems when there is not

                          Congrats on all of your accomplishments

                          Good for you in your weigh loss.A friend of mine recently told me that doing Tai Chi has helped with her stretch marks.Congrats on your upcoming wedding

                          --- In SpecialKgroup@ yahoogroups. com, "simplebaby2@ ..." <simplebaby2@ ...> wrote:

                          > Hi all, am really enjoying this group. My weight is in order now but i developed this frustrating stretch marks that is really killing me especially as my wedding comes up in a month time,pls all how do i remove them from my body. Pls save a soul.

                        • Rena Cazares
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 30, 2009
                            WILL THE STRETCH MARKS LIGHTEN UP OR AWAY?

                            Vitamin E is good for stretch marks - break open the gelcap and apply directly to the stretch marks at night. Also, be sure you are getting enough Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Both are critical for good tissue integrity. We see this issue a lot in celiac disease because people with it do not absorb their nutrients properly.

                            Hope this helps!

                            -John

                            John Libonati

                            ____________ _________ _______

                          • Pearl
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
                              Try to stop eating period before bed. My trainer told me that as my metabolism rises, I will start burning more energy. This has started to work for me. I have increased my protein intake. He has me on a strict diet. 40% protein, 40% Carbs, 20% fat. I was 230lb and for my height I should be 170lb. I lost 23 lbs so far and I eat like a pig. Okay it felt like I was eating like a pig. He upped my calories to 2300 and added 600 more calories on my workout days. The 600 he said is needed to burn off during the workout. I do what Alida says, eat smaller meals more often. I have protein drinks with me at all times. I keep a zip lock bag of raw almonds in my purse and those carry me over between meals. I stopped the late night snacks. Instead I drink a glass of water. He told me that our body burns one calory for every glass of water we drink so drink water before bed. My metabolism is getting higher, I feel it and since I started doing water before bed, I lost 2 lbs in my sleep. I know it sounds crazy. I even changed the battery in my scale. LOL. He said it will keep doing it as long as I adjust my calory, protiend aand carbs to my workouts and wieght.

                              --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, Alida Muller <muller_alida@...> wrote:

                              > HI KELLY,DON'T STOP EATING JUST TRY 2 EAT SMALLER PORSIONS,@ TRY 2 CUT
                              > OUT LITTLE BY LITTLE FAT @ LUXERY'S..WHEN U GET CRAVINGS EAT SMALL PEACES
                              > OF DARK CHOC..THAT HELPS @ R GOOD 4 U.
                              > HAVE A GREATE EVENING U ALL.
                              >
                              > KIND REGARDS
                              > ALIDA
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Angela Nurse
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
                                This is a prime example of what concerns me with personal trainers. Extra protein by way of "protein powders & bars' etc can be very harmful to people. Gout, Kidney stones, arthritis etc can all become worse...
                                My client list is really long right now because of people coming in with digestive issues, bloating, gas, heart burn, low energy etc. They're frustrated because they want to lose weight and are being told to "eat more protein and you'll build muscle and speed up your metabolism".
                                Unfortunately metabolism is set and it only declines as we age.
                                I really don't mean to be harsh I'm just trying to help people prevent injury.

                                From: Pearl <pearlsoflove@...>

                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
                                  Palmers  lotions has been used for years.