New and on Medication

  • michelle198036
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 6, 2009
      Hi everybody !

      My name is Michelle, Im 29 yrs old and a mother of 2 Girls.
      After my second pregnancy I lost about 30 lbs ( during and after ) and I gained about half of it back.
      I weight 217,4 lbs and I would love to lose about 30lbs within the next 2 month because my Wedding Date is getting closer and closer !
      I am currently on Reductil 10mg because of my weight.
      My biggest problem is that I am a Emotional eater and keep catching myseld looking for food as soon as I get upset or bothered by something.
      My urge for sweets has been reduced due to the medication and my hunger is also reduced.
      I dont have any friends where I live right now and the Gyms here do not offer child care at all.
      Does anybody have a idea on how I can work out without going to the Gym ?
      Did anybody really lost weight on this and how long did it take ?

      I would be glad about any response because I truely want to lose the weight !

      Thank you

      Michelle
    • sepa4@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 7, 2009
        have you tried buying a wii game station i am trying the wii active 30 day challange. they offer a lot of exercise on the wii fit.

        --- In SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com, "michelle198036" <michelle198036@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody have a idea on how I can work out without going to the Gym ?
        > Did anybody really lost weight on this and how long did it take ?
        >
        > I would be glad about any response because I truely want to lose the weight !
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Michelle

      • Betty Favell
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 7, 2009
          Hello Michelle,

          When I can't get out for my morning walk, I play a Jerrry E Lewis CD
          and just dance for 15 to 20 minutes then I do Pillatti.(gentle exercises to
          streghten the muscles) Of course you will need the ball with stableizer.
          This may not seem like much, but it's better than nothing at all.

          As my doctor tells me , keep moving. Of course there isn't a pick on him.

          It will take a while for you to see results, but don't get discouraged.
          IT WILL HAPPEN. Later on you can get into exercises that are more
          strenuous.

          Good luck. Betty

          ----
          I dont have any friends where I live right now and the Gyms here do not offer child care at all.
          Does anybody have a idea on how I can work out without going to the Gym ?
          Did anybody really lost weight on this and how long did it take ?
        • diane baker
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 8, 2009
            michelle: i have an idea for you that i use, if you have a computer, go to you tube, pick some songs that you like to dance to, and just dance. dont need a gym, i have a pilates ball that i bounce on if i get tired of dancing, so far i have lost 5 lbs, i try to eat right, but around 7 pm i really want to snack on stuff thats not good for me. keep up the good work, you can do it, one pound at a time, diane

            ________________________________
            From: michelle198036 <michelle198036@...>

            MyI dont have any friends where I live right now and the Gyms here do not offer child care at all.
            Does anybody have a idea on how I can work out without going to the Gym ?
            Did anybody really lost weight on this and how long did it take ?
          • Michelle Hargrove
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 8, 2009
              Hi

              thanks for the response - I do have the Wii Fit Game and am playing it
              every now and then but to be honest I doubt that it actually does
              anything .... I mainly use it to keep track of my weight and BMI which
              is really helpfull since you see progress right away.

              Michelle

              On 7/7/09, sepa4@... <sepa4@...> wrote:

              > have you tried buying a wii game station i am trying the wii active 30 day
              > challange. they offer a lot of exercise on the wii fit.

            • Eileen Brown
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 8, 2009
                Hi,

                Can anyone tell me where I would find a pilates ball? and does any kind od DVD come with it?

                Thanks

                Eileen

                To: SpecialKgroup@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 8, 2009
                  Hello Michelle
                  Well you are about a pound lighter than I and we are both want to loose some weight.  I used to weigh 451 pounds three years ago and now I have 50 more to loose.  I too was a stress eater but I woke up one day and saw how ugly I was with all that fat.  I started walking and dancing a lot.  Dancing can make you sweat a lot and when you sweat you burn off fat in your body and plus you have to watch what you eat.

                  --- On Mon, 7/6/09, michelle198036 <michelle198036@...> wrote:

                  My name is Michelle, Im 29 yrs old and a mother of 2 Girls.
                  After my second pregnancy I lost about 30 lbs ( during and after ) and I gained about half of it back.
                  I weight 217,4 lbs and I would love to lose about 30lbs within the next 2 month because my Wedding Date is getting closer and closer !
                • Alice Deill
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 9, 2009
                    What an inspiration you are.  How much weight did you loose?  YOu must have a lot
                    of discipline, and I hope you can share with us, your journey> Alice Deill

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 11, 2009
                      Hi Alice,

                      Wow I must say I admire your strengh and will power to lose so much
                      and still stay motivated !
                      Thats so amazing - I will try the dancing since my little Girls love
                      to Dance - so far I have lost about 8lbs due to my meds and Special K
                      and I must say I am surprised !
                      Thank you for responding to me - I was wondering how did you manage to
                      stay motivated thru all that time ?

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 12, 2009
                          Yes Alice Deill, it was a struggle to loose the first 289 pounds but the last 60 pounds is heck to loose.  What I did was strip down to my underwear when I was at my heaviest and had someone take a picture and made copies.  You put a picture everywhere there is food in your house and one in your purse for eat out.  One look at the picture and you loose your appetite.  Bye for now Alice J

                          --- On Thu, 7/9/09, Alice Deill <alicedeill@...> wrote:

                          What an inspiration you are.  How much weight did you loose?  YOu must have a lot
                          of discipline, and I hope you can share with us, your journey> Alice Deill
                        • Terri Simpson
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 12, 2009
                            i try and watch what i eat and cant excercise much cause back trouble,and im now 191 and 43 yrs old( WHAT HAPPENED TO MY YOUTH  )and im so depressed but am trying take it one day at atime (Lord Jesus!
                            ) He is my strength!!!and my hubby but it do get rough dont it girls???especially when my daughter has my old figure HAHA,LOL!!!

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 13, 2009
                              Wait until you get to 77 then it's rough. lol I'm struggling to maintain
                              my weight. Took me 3 years to get to this point but worth it.

                              I started back at weigh lifting this morning after injuring my arm.
                              Coach went through it with me. After that my friend and I did
                              line dancing for an hour. Feel fabulous! That's it for the day.

                              KEEP MOVING. Good luck....betty

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 13, 2009
                                great idea! granny pants and a stretched out bra, thats what i wear, i need to make a poster of myself, then i will have will power!  diane

                                From: Alice Jones <moladyrose@...>
                                ToWhat I did was strip down to my underwear when I was at my heaviest and had someone take a picture and made copies.  You put a picture everywhere there is food in your house and one in your purse for eat out.  One look at the picture and you loose your appetite.
                              • jocelynegraham78
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 27, 2009
                                  -Hi MIchelle,I too had trouble losing weight but once I started this diet it was so much easier to follow.For excercise I bought a ball and skipping rope,also I turn on music and dance silly to the music.It does not cost me anything to dance and it is really good cardio.I make sure I stretch my arms and take big steps to work out but it feels good after I have done it.I hope this will help you to get started I am 55 yrs old and have 4 kids and 13 grandkids.I was sick for 2 yrs but am better and enjoying life again.Just keep going no matter what.We all believe in you.When I am sitting down to watch tv I have my ball and I use my legs to squeeze the ball and lift the ball with my arms.While you watch tv you do not notice the excercise you do.HOipe this helps jocelyne