need motivation

  • Ligia Alverio Fragoso
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi!
      I was happy two days last because I'd lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks but today when I saw my balance seems that I had recovered 4 pounds again! It's terrible!!! I'm doing the same; two Kellog's meals and third is a salad, why? I'm sad for this!!!! Please help me to assimilate this!
    • Patricia Gartner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
        Water weight gain is a factor which often tricks me into feeling I have gained weight.  I have actually had several pounds of water retentive gain and then the next day suddenly lose several pounds.  Also, if I decrease my activity level, I gain when eating the same number of calories.  Unfortunately, as I get slimmer my caloric intake decreases to maintain that weight or to lose more weight.  It's the last ten pounds that kill me;-).  So, I will probably be writing then...LOL!!!  Best wishes....Trisha

        --- On Mon, 6/1/09, Ligia Alverio Fragoso <lalveriofragoso@...> wrote:

        I was happy two days last because I'd lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks but today when I saw my balance seems that I had recovered 4 pounds again! It's terrible!!! I'm doing the same; two Kellog's meals and third is a salad, why? I'm sad for this!!!! Please help me to assimilate this!
      • naomi71289
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
          Hi
          My name is Sarah. I'm from California. I'm currently starting the special K group, and wanted to know how you got motivated to join this. It seems awesome you lost all of those pounds in two weeks! you've really motivated me to continue this. And it's ok, most people hit a quick stop in their weight loss. I'm currently studying to become a personal trainer and nutritionist, and i've learned that sometimes with workouts you must change your routines. Muscle memory is incredible, it will remember the exercises you have done and will be able to withstand that again. Which makes people think the exercising can be easy. But also water weight can be a big issue. In the end, you will gain some pounds back, but four pounds is nothing to be ashamed of. I shot up 5 pounds before even on a diet and routine workout, but i kept on motivating myself to get those inches off. Pounds and inches are very different. Muscle weights more than fat, also you have to watch that water weight.

          A lot of personal trainers will try to keep you away from the scale until a month passes. Keep track of your body fat percentage. And stay on that track! You seem like you are doing wonderful! Keep up the good job! I know you can do it!
        • susieqshipp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
            It is normal to lose a considerable amount of weight and then all of a sudden see some pouds added back in. Look at this as a good sign...it means you are doing something right. It's Ok to watch your weight change but, the best thing is to watch you measurements....water weight could be a factor and also keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so if you are exercising, you are losing the fat and gaining toned muscle which in the end makes for an all-around better looking, healthier you! Keep up the good work!